Job Title: IT Intern
Requisition ID: req23049
Location: Maudiguri, Borno
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Intern
Open to Expatriates: No
Position Reports to: IT Officer/Snr. Manager.
Position directly supervises: None
Indirectly Reports: IT Assistant / Snr. Coordinator if applicable
- The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is among the world’s leading nonprofit humanitarian relief and development organizations.
- Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC’s mission is to assist those whose lives and livelihoods have been shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control over their lives.
- The organization has been at the forefront of virtually every major humanitarian initiative for the last 80 years.
- At work today in over 40 countries and 29 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
- Integra/UEM Migration Support – Including but not limited to contacting all IRC Borno staff and ensuring their computers meet the minimum requirements for Integra.
- Support the IT Team in migrating all official computers and Mobile devices to the Unified Endpoint Management system.
- Working in collaboration with the IT Officer/IT Team to ensure that end users computers are setup and configured with the IRC standard Operating system and applications versions (IRC image) including using in-tune to migrate and manage mobile devices for official use.
- Hardware Inventory – This position will support with distributing and tracking all hardware; also tracking and installing all software and processes involved in the UEM migration and Integra.
- Included but not limited to consistently updating and managing the UEM migrated users inventory list.
- Level I Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to assistance with password resets, account creations, desktop and laptop builds and printer support.
- Ensuring that computers peripherals such as scanners, printers, photocopiers, monitors, mouse, and others are configured and properly working for all field staff members.
- Observe and uphold the IRC IT Acceptable Use Policy.
- Perform other duties as directed by the IT Coordinator/IT Team.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: IT Officer/Snr. Manager.
- Position directly supervises: None
- Indirectly Reports: IT Assistant / Snr. Coordinator if applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer science and/or equivalent in relevant field
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Strong troubleshooting skills, with the ability to effectively convey technical troubleshooting results to IT peers for seamless issue resolution
- Knowledge in desktop and laptop installation and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems and Applications suite installation and troubleshooting
- Good technical writing/documentation skills
- Good customer service & troubleshooting skills
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work harmoniously with other staff members in cross cultural contexts.
- Good verbal communication and report-writing skills with the ability to convey information effectively in Country official language – English would be nice to have as an additional working language.
- Customer & client centered and service oriented mind & attitude, and ability to work under pressure and diligently carry out instructions.
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Excellent English and other major Country languages communication skills including speaking, listening and writing.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!