Job Title: IT Business Application Supervisor
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- Responsible for using technology to improve business performance and strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses user needs to provide support and proactive service, including analysis of opportunities in order to take advantage of available tools.
- Focal point for communicating related system problems within the organization and collaborates with other teams and vendors on changes, fixes, and updates.
- Manages the release process for applications which includes effective department wide and end user communication
- Develops relevant metrics, measures and publishes the performance of the services provided and enables continuous improvement activities in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Works closely with all other departments in identifying, evaluating, selecting, and implementing specific information technologies that support the business plans and IT strategies.
- Ensure department adheres to policies and procedures that are compliant with industry and regulatory policies
- Assists with the preparation of budget for IT systems and services related interfaces and applications
- Keeps abreast of new developments and forecasts future trends in the area of application integration in the Power industry.
- Maintains a strong understanding of technology and its application to achieve business objectives
- Responsible for finding root cause of an application malfunction
- Provides ongoing troubleshooting, support, and maintenance of applications.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or any related field.
- Minimum of five to seven (5 – 7) years cognate experience
- A post graduate degree or certifications will be an added advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong knowledge of business application support and development.
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Database, Linux/Unix systems, scripting, and basic network configurations and maintain technical data reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of goals and the inter-dependencies of functional departments and groups and the ability to lead large-scale complex IT projects in addressing overall business needs
- Excellent written, oral, instructional, presentation, and interpersonal skills focused on motivation and positive attitude
- Highly self-motivated, directed and change oriented
- Ability to handle confrontation with professionalism, cordiality, firmness, and manage/resolve disputes appropriately
- Knowledge of new technologies, maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Total Years Experience 5-10