World Bank Group – IFC, a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2019, we invested more than $19 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Officer
Job #: req8159
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Sub-Saharan Africa Manufacturing & Services Department
- The Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services (MAS) Africa Department is recruiting an Investment Officer (IO) to join the Manufacturing and Consumer Services team, which is responsible for sourcing and executing investment transactions in the manufacturing, health, education, tourism, retail and property sectors.
- The Investment Officer will be based in Lagos, Nigeria and will report to the Manufacturing and Services Manager for Sub-Saharan Africa.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The IO will work closely with colleagues in the region and in Washington, DC, on business development, transaction execution, portfolio supervision, and client relationship management.
The Rresponsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the relevant sector (Manufacturing and Consumer Services) and support team in developing strong relationships with key counterparts in the private and public sector as well as development partners.
- Proactively identify potential investment partners and opportunities based on industry experience, reputation, market potential, financial capability, and strategic fit.
- Assess the attractiveness of specific investment opportunities with a strong focus on credit quality and development impact and make recommendations to IFC’s management.
- Execute loan, equity, and mezzanine financings including processing mandates, conduct due diligence, structuring deals, negotiate terms and documentation, arrange syndications, and process internal approvals.
- Work closely with IFC’s specialists to manage environmental, social, technical, legal, insurance, corporate governance, and other risks in projects and champion IFC’s sustainability offerings to clients.
- Monitor clients’ compliance with the terms of investment agreements, prepare timely supervision reports, identify early warning signs, and, when necessary, formulate/implement strategies for work-outs, restructurings or rescheduling.
- Provide high quality client service throughout the project cycle from transaction sourcing and processing to supervision.
- MBA, Master’s degree in Finance or equivalent;
- At least 10 – 12 years of work experience for a major commercial or investment bank with significant emerging markets presence, an international financial institution or a private equity firm;
- Experience in investment transaction, with proven success in developing client relationships as well as sourcing, negotiating, structuring and closing quality investments;
- Knowledge of and experience in emerging markets a plus (particularly in Sub-Saharan Africa);
- Strong business judgment in identifying potential business partners;
- Strong financial and credit skills; sound business judgment and demonstrated ability to structure a variety of financial instruments (debt and equity);
- Client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on client needs effectively;
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of clients, financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries and to build networks across the region, including the ability to mentor and coach others to achieve results;
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills;
- Proven ability to work independently and deliver promptly and efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Fluency in French, a plus.
- Required Language(s): English
- Preferred Language(s): French
Application Closing Date
14th August, 2020 at 11:59pm UTC
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!