GFA Consulting Group, based in Hamburg, Germany, is one of the leading European consulting firms active in the development cooperation sector. GFA has a sound track record of providing effective solutions to the challenges in the global consulting market. Since 1982 we have implemented complex studies and projects worldwide.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: International (Junior) Coordinator (M / F / D) for Youth Employment Project in Nigeria (335 w / days)
Job code: Nigeria SKYE Coordinator
Project Status: Ongoing project
Project Title: Skills Development for Youth Employment (SKYE) – Nigeria
Period of Project: 1st May, 2020 – 30th April, 2022
Duration of Assignment: 1st October, 2020 – 30th April, 2022
- The SKYE project aims at improving employment and income opportunities for Nigerian young people
- To achieve this, the project follows an integrated approach to employment promotion. Measures on the supply side of the labour market (promotion of vocational training) are combined with measures on the demand side (development of the private sector, especially micro, small and medium-sized enterprises, MSMEs) and with interventions in the area of employment services (job placement / matching, career counselling / guidance and labour market information)
- The project focuses on employment-intensive sectors (f.i. construction and agriculture).
- Overall responsibility for the coordinated implementation of all activities, especially the communication and coordination with the GFA experts, as well as with GIZ
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the services of the contractor with other services delivered by the project at local and national level
- General oversight over implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures for local partners in the following areas:
- Development of National Occupational Standards, corresponding curricula, teaching and learning materials for selected agriculture sector stakeholders
- Planning, designing, monitoring and evaluating active labour market policies and measures; including conducting surveys and analyses of labour market information.
- Development and dissemination of ICT platform-based TVET promotion tools and campaigns Consideration of cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender equality)
- Personnel management, in particular identifying the need for short-term assignments, in collaboration with the workpackage leaders, within the available budget, as well as planning and steering assignments and supporting local and international short-term experts
- Responsibility of results monitoring and feed into the SKYE overall monitoring and evaluation system
- Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines
- Responsibility for controlling the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with GIZ’s officer responsible for the commission
- Supporting the officer responsible for the commission in updating/adapting the project strategy, in evaluations and in preparing a follow-on phase.
- Postgraduate University Degree (Master) in Law, Economics, Business Administration, Development Studies, International Relations, Political Sciences, Labour Market Studies, (Vocational) Education or Training or another subject relevant in the context of the assignment.
- Full proficiency in English, language skills in German is an asset.
- 4 years of professional experience in the international / development cooperation sector in a consultancy position, ideally in a field relevant to the focal area of sustainable economic development.
- 1 year of professional experience in providing effective quality assurance services to large-scale contracts, including quality control of outputs, briefing/debriefing of experts, and drafting of ToR and reports (to be proved by CV and work certificates).
- 1 year of experience with project management in a backstopping position, including management of short-term experts (asset).
- 2 years of experience in the context of Development Cooperation projects.
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV together with a Motivation Letter as soon as possible to “Ms Ursula von den Driesch” via: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!