Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Location: Ijede Ikorodu, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with company’s policies and procedures; monitoring compliance with the company’s internal controls, as well as detecting and reporting on internal control gaps.
- Responsible for ensuring protection of company’s assets, accuracy or records, promotion of operational efficiency and adherence to policies, rules, regulations and laws on a continuous basis.
- Advise audit team lead/Head Internal Audit on internal control processes from time to time.
- Assesses compliance by testing whether the stated controls are working as prescribed, consistently and continuously.
- Reports breaches on internal control policies
- Suggesting to the Audit Team lead / Head, Internal Audit relevant controls that would help in mitigating against identified risk or gap in the process flow.
- Documenting and making reports of identified control issues discovered in the course of the vetting process and how they were resolved
- Carry out regular review of company’s compliance with regulatory requirements
- Carry out regular review of procurement quotations and budget control form
- Conduct periodic inventory count and resolution of outstanding inventory issues
- Conduct verification of replaced spares and tools
- Carry out regular review of compliance with NCC dispatch tools
- Conduct monthly cash count and fuel dip
- Conduct periodic review of underwriting and claims operations and procedures
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any relevant course
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. CIA, ICAN, ACCA, etc).
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook
- Proficiency in other accounting soft wares & applications
- Must possess a strong moral code
- Strong report writing skills
- Good analytical and investigative skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!