Job Title: Internal Auditor
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Internal Auditors shall work independently to act as an impartial judge of company’s activities.
- Your main role will be to provide risk management support and to optimize efficiency by identifying possible noncompliance or sources of waste.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the company’s accounting department and materials and will also audit the sales and inventories of the organization as well as other aspects of a business such as operational efficiency, and compliance to legal liability as it relates to audit and accounting.
- Internal Auditors study company policies then compare the written rules to actual business activities.
- They recommend ways to improve procedures or align them more closely with company goals.
Specific Roles / Duties
- Performing the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financials reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Determining internal audit scope and developing annual plans.
- Obtaining,analysing, and evaluating accounting documentation, reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Perform audit of sales, inventories, debtors, stock, cash and bank balance and other receivables.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit results and document processes.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality, and goal achievement.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee including external auditors.
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
Relevant Skills and Requirements
- B.Sc in Accounting, Economics or Finance
- 5 – 10 years experience in similar role.
- Proven working experience as Internal Auditor or Senior Auditor.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules, and regulations.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgement.
- Good critical-thinking skills to gather all the available data and make informed decisions
- Excellent research skills to find all related information needed
- Proficiency in accounting software and spreadsheets
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office suite and Google suite.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!