Job Title: Instrumentation Technician
Job Ref.: Instrumentation-Obajana-001
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Job Type: Full Time
Department: DCP – Operations
- Perform routine maintenance, repairs, installation, calibration, adjustment and integration of various types of plant instrumentation equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work order maintenance, troubleshooting, and calibration of plant equipment as directed.
- Troubleshoot, inspect, test, maintain, repair, clean and calibrate instrumentation and solid state and microprocessor based control equipment including plant communications equipment, programmable controllers, distributive control systems, generator excitation equipment, battery chargers, and semi-conductor devices.
- Repair or replace control devices such as switches, photo eyes, proximity sensors, pushbuttons, contactors, motor starters, transmitters, etc. as needed.
- Install control and measurement instruments on existing or new plant equipment.
- Use a wide range of test equipment, including recorders, computers, control and tuning modules, PC based software analyzer programs, oscilloscopes, data analyzers, logic test equipment, analogue and digital multi-meters, meggars and other test equipment, while performing tests to identify problems and to maintain and calibrate equipment to performance standards.
- Make regular inspection rounds of plant instrumentation, and control equipment.
- Assist in developing detailed preventive and predictive maintenance procedures for plant instrumentation and control equipment.
- Install, build, or modify plant instrument, and control equipment as directed by the Instrumentation Engineer or Section Head.
- Troubleshooting, repair, and minor programming of various PLC control systems, frequency drives and other electrical equipment.
- Participate in plant safety, health and environmental programs and observe safety in accordance with government and company standards.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Section Head from time to time.
Education and Work Experience:
- Ordinary National Diploma of its equivalent in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Trade Test with minimum of (8) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge of phase testers, multimeters, meggers and other testing equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Very good organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal, networking and teaming skills.
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!