Job Title: Instrument Technician – M / F
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract Type: Fixed-Term-Contract
Contractual Hours: Full Time
Contract Duration: 4
Employee Status: Employee
Spie Oil & Gas Nigeria is currently looking for an Instrument Technician to join its work force in Nigeria, the main purpose of the job is:
- Inspects, tests, adjusts, and repairs electric, electronic and mechanical instruments and systems used to indicate, record, and control generating operations in a gas powered electric generating turbine
- Ensure conformance with environmental and safety requirements commensurate with executing required instrument maintenance or replacement activities.
- Tests accuracy of flowmeters, pressure gauges, temperature indicators, controllers, radiation counters or detectors, and other recording, indicating or controlling instruments to locate defective components in system, using test equipment, such as pressure gauges, mercury manometers, potentiometers, pulse and signal generators, oscilloscopes, transistor curve tracers, and ammeters, voltmeters, and wattmeters.
- Involve in evaluation of instrument performance to identify optimization and enhancement opportunities
- Remove defective instruments from system, decontaminate, disassemble and clean and reassemble instruments, and replace defective parts, using hand tools.
- Lubricate instruments and replace defective wiring and tubing.
- Calibrate readings on instruments according to standards and adjusts phasing and aligns stages to ensure accuracy of recording and indicating function.
- Record calibrations made, parts and components used, and inventory of parts on hand.
- Prepare schematic drawings, sketches, and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits, and systems.
Context and Environment:
- Position offshore on the FPSO.
The ideal candidates posses the following skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Master’s Degree
- Past working experience in a maintenance / construction engineering role in the oil and gas industry
- General knowledge of the equipment, methods and processes used in the oil industry
- Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND/HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study) or BTS/DUT or equivalent
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in the maintenance field of hydraulic systems
- Ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams. Pride in his work, ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others
- An ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and contractors,
- Physical ability to go regularly to the installations and work there in the climatic conditions of the site
- Working language: English
- Experience in Gas Turbine project is mandatory
Specific Technical Knowledge:
- Instrument Tech: – Pressure, Temperature and Level measurement instruments, Control Loops, Control Valves, Control Logic, Ex proof certified equipment, etc
- All types of instrumentation Gas and Oil metering, DCS and PLC systems, UCP’s, etc.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Address Port Harcourt, Rivers