Job Title: Information Technology Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The IT officer will coordinate and deliver various IT related services in accordance with established policies, and procedures.
- He/She will provide responsive, professional service and technical support to staff and partners to ensure efficient operation and use of information sharing, communication, and collaboration technologies.
Main Functions of the Job
- The Information Technology (IT) Officer will be responsible for providing technical IT support to the field projects and the Country office.
- Responsible for the management and administration of the Nigerian website.
- Ensuring the website is effective and meeting the needs of the Nigerian office.
- Manage the Nigerian (Glasscubes) workspace.
- Manage all remote meetings by ensuring the use of effective online meeting applications.
- Liaise with the Extranet & IT Coordinator in the International office to manage the Nigerian (Glasscubes) workspace, upload files and thereafter ensuring that Glasscubes is effective and meeting the needs of TLMN.
- Deploy, configure, and maintain IT systems and databases, including networks, servers, and telecommunications. Troubleshoot and address issues to ensure optimal performance.
- Ensure the organization operates and maintains an effective internet system.
- Install and carry out periodic checks on all systems to ensure all software are up to date (Windows Operating System 10, Firewall, Microsoft Office 365 and Anti-virus).
- Responsible for ensuring all systems are safe from cyber-attacks, providing appropriate cyber security against known and unknown threats.
- Work with the Media and Communications Officer to ensure that the website is working properly, performing routine maintenance as required.
- Support the Communications Officer to upload content as required.
- Monitor analytics and advise the Communications Officer as to accessibility, functionality and navigation.
- Support the Programmes unit to ensure organizational cloud storage is appropriately setup and maintained regularly.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Maintain inventory of IT equipment, hardware, and software and ensure adequate supply and functionality, in collaboration with relevant staff, provide input to budget for IT related expenses.
- Coordinate relationships with suppliers to facilitate delivery of quality IT-related services that meet organizational requirements and needs.
- Support capacity building initiatives, remotely or on-site, to staff and partners to ensure efficient and consistent adoption and use of IT applications.
- Prepare statistical reports on IT-related data and metrics. As needed, implement measures to ensure required standards are met.
- Formulates and implements processes, procedures and systems for tracking and analyzing software, hardware, and equipment from requisition through retirement.
- Account for the IT assets throughout the enterprise utilizing tools to manage all assets within the organization and affiliated companies.
- Define and maintain lifecycle support and implementation of tools such as configuration and change management process.
- Manage acquisition of IT assets from planning through deployment.
- Track entire life-cycle management for each asset in order to maintain warranty information, refresh date, and end of life data information.
Qualifications and Persons Specification
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT-related field (Computer Science, Computer Networking, Programming, and Information Systems) highly preferred. Significant work experience in a directly related field combined with appropriate training / certificates.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT in a non- profit organization.
- Experience in introduction, design, implementation, and adoption of relevant technology and data management tools.
- Demonstrated capacity in management of network/server software and hardware devices and platforms.
- Grasp of complex network, security, mobile, desktop, server, telephony, backup, application and database technologies.
- Strong verbal and excellent written communications skills with the ability to build and develop collaborative relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent administration and organization skills
- Excellent IT skills including: website content management and analytics, Microsoft Word, Excel, blog platforms, cloud computing, Power Point, Outlook Express, Adobe suite, digital fundraising platforms and CRM systems.
- Excellent proof-reading skills and a demonstration of strong attention to detail.
- Proven experience in a similar IT role
- Raising the profile of an issue or organization through website management.
- Strategic thinking and planning.
- Project Management
- Successfully managing Digital Asset Management Systems.
- Brand awareness, promotion and protection.
- Practicing Christian able to produce resources that reflect our organization as a faith-based organization.
- Committed Christian with good Christian testimony
- Good relationship management skills. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally with a strong client-service focus.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical manner.
- Strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture, make sound decisions, and offer solutions.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Basic understanding of business analysis concepts and best practice.
- Demonstrated experience building IT capacity with professional staff.
- Ability to adapt to changing work situations
- Willing to travel and flexibility in unpredictable circumstances.
Application Closing Date
5th February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter (One page), Cover Letter (One page) and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!