Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Assistant – All Interested Candidates
Announcement Number: Abuja-2021-072
Series / Grade: LE – 1825 8
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-8
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
For USEFM – FP is 5/1. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- Who May Apply / Clarification From the Agency: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances / certifications or their candidacy may end.
- The incumbent performs all the daily technical tasks required to keep CDC Nigeria critical applications operational at all times.
- S/he serves as the primary Information Systems Point of Contact (POC) for desktop, web-based systems at CDC Nigeria and also in constant communication with the Senior Analyst-Global Services Desk, Atlanta on technical matters regarding ghosting, reimaging, installation and upgrades of latest software with management of the Global Helpdesk ticketing system.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Five (5) years work experience in a technical position with LAN/WAN operations, management and utilization of computer systems, providing ICT technical support including current Microsoft operating systems and office suite, installation and configuration of third party applications such as Citrix client and use of Symantec Ghost for imaging PCs and laptops.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Electrical and Electronics Engineering Physics or Mathematics is required
- Note: NYSC Certificate or Exemption document is required.
- Advance knowledge in IT administration and software including MS Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Microsoft Office productivity software (Office 2007 and 2010), and current MS Windows desktop operating systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of hardware management including servers, personal computers, and peripherals such as Smart mobile phones, tablets, printers, wireless network devices, and audiovisual devices.
- Must have knowledge of software development technologies, programming languages and database management systems such as SQL.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed
- Fluency (Speaking / Reading / Writing) in English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to gather information and prepare reports using Word, Excel and presentations using PowerPoint is required.
- Ability to install and configure third party application such as Citrix client and use Ghost software for imaging PCs and laptops is required.
- Must have a good customer service approach to proactively solve end user problems and provide practical solutions.
- Must be able to work independently as well as member of a team.
- Ability to to work within laid down procedures and learn new technologies quickly is required.
- Must be able to log and track reported IT problems into the helpdesk system or work beyond ordinary office hours to meet the needs of the end users.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
USD $42,570 (N8,664,538) Annually.
Application Closing Date
16th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position, click the “Apply to this Vacancy” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process.
- In order to qualify based on education, you must submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position:
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certificate
- IT Certificate or License
- For EFMs, in addition to the above;
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria.
- For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- For More Info: HR Section – 09-461-4000; [email protected]
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Salary Offer USD $42,570 (N8,664,538)