Job Title: ICT Teacher
Location: Okigwe, Imo
Job Description / Responsibilities
Our organization is in need of ICT teachers in some of our facilities. Successful candidates would be saddled with the responsibilities of:
- Organizing, maintaining and managing class systems and ensure that all are in proper working condition.
- Teach students and learners to effectively use computers and different computer programs.
- Guide/train students in usage of basic computer software applications Eg. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Design and develop appropriate computer instructional materials.
- Manage and monitor student behavior.
- Initiate and implement systems, procedures and other student management issues.
- Develop and implement lesson plans and classroom activities in consistence with the student management issues.
- Conduct group training sessions.
- Determine and troubleshoot technology services for staff.
- Measure and evaluate students’ performance on ICT.
- Coordinate and collaborate with school Management.
- Integrate special lesson plans with core academic curriculum.
- Present weekly reports to Management on activities at assigned facilities.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of teaching ICT at Secondary school level
- Experience of enhancement of pupil progress gains and raising the attainment and achievement levels of all pupils.
- Knowledge of current national educational issues.
- Experience of current assessment practice and the use of data and pupil progress tracking to ensure that all groups of learners achieve success.
- Experience of implementing strategies used to establish consistently high aspirations in standards of learning engagement and positive pupil behavior.
- Knowledge and/or experience of how school improvement actions impact on the quality of teaching and learning within the classroom.
- Basic knowledge of network/security infrastructure.
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and experience to carry out the responsibilities of a teacher in relation to planning, delivering and assessing the National Curriculum across the secondary phase
- Able to assess pupils’ learning needs and to teach mixed ability pupils within the same class/cohort/group and provide differentiated work to accelerate their progress
- Should be able to demonstrate high quality, creative and innovative classroom practice to engage, motivate and inspire pupils.
- Ability to promote learning and enhance skills beyond the curriculum and the classroom.
- Ability to use effectively a variety of teaching and learning styles to enhance teaching, including a wide range of ICT resources.
- Able to communicate clearly, accurately and effectively both orally and in writing with Pupils, parents, colleagues, Management, external agencies and Trustees as appropriate.
- Have appropriate planning and organizational skills to support teaching, learning, assessment and recording requirements.
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!