Job Title: ICT Officer – NOA
Ref No: 2107013
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 Months
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the WHO Representative of WHO/Nigeria, direct supervision of the Administrative Officer, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
Installation, Administration and Maintenance of the Following:
- ICT Hardware and Software according to AFRO ICT standard
- ICT services to the office.
- LAN/WAN and data communications systems
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair ICT equipment.
- Perform daily server backup of data files
- Disaster recovery procedures
- ICT infrastructure against hacker and virus protection, protection against power failure, fire protection.
- ICT equipment and software
- Administer software and updates
- Liaise with other UN agencies and external partners on ICT matters.
- Make a quarterly report on informatics equipment inventory
- Provide technical documentation concerning all ICT related activities and update it
- Make a monthly activity report
User and Administrative Support:
- Provide in-house training/assistance to staff on usage of informatics equipment
- Assist in the design and implementation of database applications and other computer programmes
- Coordinate the activities of external consultants
- Act as ICT/AFRO focal point at WHO Country Office level
- Perform other duties as required
Competencies (Describe the core, management or leadership competencies required, with reference to WHO competency model; list in order of priority, commencing with the most important ones; identify a minimum of three and a maximum of five competencies):
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Moving forward in a changing Environment
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Respecting and promoting Individual and Cultural Differences
- Creating an Empowering and Motivation Environment
- Essential: University Degree in Electronic or Communications Engineering or Computer Technology.
- Desirable: Master’s Degree in Electronic or Communications Engineering or Computer Technology and Certifications in ICT.
- Essential: 2 years of experience in administration of information and communications technology
- Desirable: Experience in integrating voice and data communication field. LAN design, maintenance and troubleshooting roster configuration. IP address schemes, internet/funneling.
Functional Skills and Knowledge
Describe skills and knowledge specific to the post:
- Very good knowledge of LAN and TCP/IP networking, Windows 10 operating system, Windows Sever, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Office Applications; Good knowledge of computer security including firewall and virus protection; Good knowledge of Data backup and Disaster Recovery procedures (Veritas Backup Exec is the software used); Good knowledge of Database Programming with visual basic; Good knowledge of Administration of Telecommunication systems including PBX; Ability to analyse and troubleshoot problems; Ability to write technical documents.
- Ability to organize and provide training for programs and data managers; Work effectively with colleagues and partners at national and international levels; Provide leadership and monitor progress. Computer software program proficiency in software and services including EPI Info, ODK, Google Apps, DHIS2, ArcGIS, Windows Server, Ubuntu Server, App/platform integration with willingness and ability to travel extensively in Nigeria.
- Excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of French will be an added advantage
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
- Expert knowledge in video conferencing, management of virtual meetings and providing remote helpdesk support.
Application Closing Date
22nd December, 2021 (11:59 PM)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!