Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the General Manager, you will provide support in all human resource functions. These include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring and employee counseling.
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place.
- Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations.
- Identify training and development opportunities.
- Organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities.
- Process employee requests for outside training while complying with policies and procedures.
- Provide basic counselling to staff who have performance related obstacles.
- Provide advice and assistance in developing human resource plans.
- Provide staff orientations.
- Monitor daily attendance.
- Investigate causes for staff absences and recommend solutions to resolve chronic attendance difficulties.
- Provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions.
- Monitor scheduled absences such as holidays or travel and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of services.
- Provide advice and assistance to supervisors on staff recruitment.
- Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.
- Schedule, organise and conduct interviews.
- Conduct reference checks on possible candidates.
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Promote workplace safety.
- Provide advice and assistance to staff and management on pay and benefits systems.
Education, Experience and Skills / Abilities
- A University Degree or HND.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in human resources administration.
- Good knowledge of human resources administration.
- Good knowledge of performance review methods and techniques.
- Good knowledge of staff training, development and recognition.
- Ability to delegate, mentor and coach.
- An understanding of relevant HR legislation, policies and procedures.
- Good supervisory skills.
- Good team building skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Basic counselling skills.
Method of Application
Interest and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!