Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The HR Coordinator will support the provision of an efficient, customer focused and proactive operational HR service by carrying out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee onboarding, HRIS maintenance, administration of HR policies, programs and procedures and various HR support related activities.
Essential Functions Include:
- Administers various regional HR policies, programs and procedures.
- Drafts necessary documents and forms to support policies and procedures.
- Assists with the maintenance of personnel files as necessary.
- Maintains HRIS system and updates as necessary in a timely manner.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of all queries.
- Conducts background and reference checks per company (and at times client) requirements.
- Maintains job descriptions for all permanent full-time and part-time employees.
- Prepares onboarding documents and ensures items are received in a timely manner.
- Ensures that confidentiality and relevant data protection requirements are met at all times.
- In some countries, coordinates requests sent to the HR Department inbox and signposting requests to relevant HR Department team members.
- Follows relevant applicable laws and regulations.
- Provides general administrative support to the Human Resources and Talent Acquisition Departments.
- Fosters and maintains a positive and professional working relationship with all customers, including: management staff, contract staff, permanent hires and clients.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must have:
- A Bachelors Degree in Law is highly required.
- Working knowledge of labor and leave laws, performance management, benefits, compensation, organizational planning and development, and employee relations.
- Minimum 5 years’ previous human resources experience preferred.
- Possess effective written and oral communication skills; ability to write, type, express, or exchange ideas of a technical nature by means of the spoken word; convey information/instructions accurately; receive detailed information through oral or written forms and to translate those instructions into physical of tasks.
- Must work independently and manage own workload.
- Must be flexible and able to deal quickly and appropriately with individual situations as they arise.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- A high level of confidentiality is required.
- Ability to work within a team in an open and professional manner.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; knowledge of Visio and PowerPoint desired.
- Ability to work to deadlines under pressure.
- There is limited travel expected for this role.
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Further assessments will be required.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!