Human Resources Associate
Requisition – 2020202191
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Tpye: Full time
- Provides employee and Human Resources staff support in several functional areas including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, payroll, HRIS and training & development. Maintains employee hardcopy and softcopy HRIS files.
- Inputs employee personal data into human resources information system (HRIS) database and generates reports as needed for HR staff.
- Serves as initial point of contact for employees with questions related to their personal employee information. Processes various forms related to documenting human resources activities such as new-hire, change-of-status, performance evaluations, benefits, terminations, etc.
- Conducts new-hire orientations and may handle or facilitate employee exit interviews. Prepares special reports using HRIS data that may include COBRA, OSHA, EEO and headcount.
- Coordinates interviews, maintains visa files and may provide updates to recruiting system files.
- Provides administrative support to the HR team in multiple areas (e.g HRIS, compensation, benefits, recruiting, payroll, and training & development) to include interview scheduling, payroll administration, orientation packet coordination, data tracking, routine immigration administrative issues, and respond to standard employee inquiries.
- Serves as back-up point of contact for employees with HR-related questions. Responds to Employee Service Center (ESC) requests.
- Processes forms and system updates related to new hires, change-of- status, performance evaluations, benefits changes, separations etc. Ensures employee data in HRIS is accurate.
- May conducts new-hire orientation and may assist with separation process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature.
- Has ability to recognize situations that deviate from accepted practice and seeks managerial advice prior to taking action.
- Errors may negatively impact departmental functions and deadlines.
- Works under direct supervision and follows specific instructions; work is subject to regular review.
- Does not change procedures without supervisor’s approval.
- High School / GED Diploma or its International equivalent.
- 0-3 years of experience providing administrative support in an office setting.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and HRIS/Payroll systems.
- Vocational or specialized training.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
- Less than 10%
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!