Job Title: Human Resources and Administrative Assistant
Job ID: 210001TS
Contract Length: 12 months
- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
- To provide HR support and assistance for the development and management of Human Resources functions in the Adamawa project office, for the development and maintenance of policies & procedures in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Human Resources and Administration Assistant contributes to ensuring that Save the Children’s commitment to improving quality and accountability in humanitarian work is upheld, through reference to Save the Children Quality Standards and the NGO Code of Conduct, and endeavours to implement effective administration systems.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: State Team Lead and gets technical supports from the country/field office HR and Admin team members.
- Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Key Areas of Accountability
- Participate in the planning and facilitation of Global Inductions for new hires within Save the Children in Nigeria on a monthly basis.
- Assist HR Manager in developing and maintaining contacts with other key INGO players to undertake a regular review of their terms and conditions of their salary structures
- Assist with the analysis of HR needs of a programme and look for sustainable solutions. Provide a generalist HR service to managers across a full range of HR issues
Human Resource Management:
- Assist the Human Resource Officer and Manager in the development of annual needs for development / training through the formal performance review process
- Identify training courses and their costs and maintain a list of available courses
- Research training opportunities as prioritised by the SMT or as requested by supervisors
- Provide support to supervisors to arrange training opportunities for staff
- Preparation of consultancy contracts for national and international consultants as well as keeping an updated and accessible database of consultants in line with acceptable SCI procedures.
Administration and Office Management:
- Management of Office facilities and travel for the Country operations
- Ensure the Adamawa office is well equipped, has sufficient levels of supplies (consumables, stationery, equipment) etc, is fully functioning and fit for purpose to enable all staff to operate with maximum efficiency
- Oversee the maintenance of Adamawa office premises/residences, furniture, fittings and all equipment in a fully functioning state
- Pro-actively identify potential problems affecting staff and the running of the office, proposing solutions and working to put them in place
- Manage the Support Services budget including preparation and monitoring; manage cash flow forecasting and supervise the petty cash for support services
- Develop, manage, and oversee effective relationships with service providers suppliers, landlords, etc, ensuring transparency and value for money
- Manage and supervise the Administrative and Office Assistants
- Liaise with the Programme Operations (field and Abuja) to ensure that shared office support functions run smoothly, and resources are used efficiently and effectively
- Ensure compliance with Save the Children Quality Standards, Global Policies and Guidelines
Travel, Logistics & Events:
- Oversee the management for all travel, business visas, and accommodation for visitors, consultants, and staff on official Save the Children business. Ensure that travel is on schedule and cost effective and that visits to Country Programmes occur with a minimum of disruption and downtime
- Ensure that meetings and conferences are effectively managed in the Adamawa ensuring value for money and transparency in all the processes.
- Internal: SO Management team
- External: Other INGOs, Statutory bodies
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Cccuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable.
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- University Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or equivalent in relevant field.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a Human Resources and Administration role in a corporate or INGO environment
- Proven ability to provide high level support to management teams
- Ability to plan and organise a substantial workload that including complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Experience of managing and developing teams
- Experience of setting up and maintaining management information systems and office systems
- Experience of effective budget development and management
- Experience of negotiating service contracts and ensuring value for money
- Excellent communication skills in order to deal tactfully and sensitively with a wide range of people
- Excellent organisational skills and a track record of consistently prioritising delivering on time
- A high level of computer literacy
- Good judgement, initiative and problem solving ability
- Commitment to Save the Children’s mission and values.
- Staff & Performance Management
- Willing and able to travel around the state as needed.
- Experience in working in a diverse international team
- Experience working in Emergencies.
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety:
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process.
- Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!