Job Title: Human Resources and Administration Technical Assistant
Webcruiter ID: 4310683709
Location: Biu, Borno
Employment type: Contract
Overview / Description
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015 in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Yola Area Office, Field Offices in Borno and Adamawa states and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods & Food Security (LFS); Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education and Camp Management Camp Coordination (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian
- We are looking for a Human Resources and Administration Technical Assistant for our Biu Field Office in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Human Resources and Administration Technical Assistant is to support programme activities in Biu – South of Borno State.
- The Human Resources and Administration Technical Assistant reports to the Biu Field Office Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure proper and systematic filing of all personnel files
- Support recruitment process by collecting applications, long listing, schedules examination, administering tests, and conducting interviews
- coordinating appointments and background/reference checks, and communicating benefit information
- Maintaining a database of field office recruitment
- induction of new staff, and schedule briefing with relevant departments and assist in email address requests for new staff
- Preparation of contracts for both casual workers and full time workers
- Issuance of stock request to relevant department and updating and sharing the stock report on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that office and guest house supplies are requested for and timely distributed
- Preparing and circulating the Minutes from the all staff meetings
- Supervising of the cleaner/cook
- Any other task assigned by Line Manager.
- Degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Management Science or any other related Course
- Advance Degree of professional certification e.g CIPM will be an added advantage
- Previous (1year) experience working in a human resource department (preferably INGO)
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Fluency in Hausa and one other local relevant language (spoken)
- High level competence in computer skills (Microsoft office Applications)
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
We Can Offer
- Commencement: 1st January, 2021
- Duration: 12 months (renewable)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions – Grade Level: Grade 4
- Duty station: Biu – Borno State
- Travel: 0%
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application procedures and CV registration:
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
Note: Nigerian Nationals Only.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!