Job Title: Human Resources / Admin Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: National contract
Overall purpose of the role:
- This role Supports HR Admin Team Leader in the processing of HR tasks, maintenance of staff information and with reports for senior management in country.
- He / she works within the HR administration procedures of DRC policies and in compliance with all national acts and legislation
The main duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Assist in ensuring staff compliance with human resources polices, as per DRC’s Operations Handbook and local HR Handbook.
- Assist in communicating with interview candidates and scheduling for tests and interviews.
- Ensure new staff receive an appropriate orientation and induction.
- Support staff development activities including promoting the DRC Learning Catalogue.
- Assist HR Team Leader on effective performance management and administer the collation of performance management documentation
- Support the HR Team Leader in drafting Casual Labor Contracts e.g., programme staff/location. (approved by Area Manager)
- Ensure to add new staff details and location on the Nigeria Staff Contact list upon request from HR Dept. Team leader
- Support clearance and debriefing is carried out for exiting staff.
- Ensure that DRC staff have Identification cards (ID) with the period of validity in accordance with the employment contract.
- Making requisition, receiving and releasing office stationery, beverages and cleaning materials
- Submitting weekly/monthly report on use of office material.
- Distribute information about open vacancies to all staff and announce on local notice board in a timely manner.
- Updating Guest Accommodation space and sharing
- Responsible to coordinate all the Guest House request with logistics and ensure the guest houses are fully equipped.
- Takes lead to review Guest House assessments
- Payment of office and guest house bills Administration
- Monthly meeting and bi-weekly inspection of Guest House and sending report to HR Team Leader
- Collaborate with HR Officer in organizing Seminars, trainings, meetings and other events at location.
- Coordinate accommodation in Guest House and/or hotel upon approval
- Assist in follow up / guiding on enquiries from delegates.
- Upon approval send requests for humanitarian HUB bookings and make payments.
- Prepare casual worker payments monthly
- Distribute monthly airtime credit and update monthly reconciliations on utilization.
- Assist HR Team leader in developing procurement plan and to forecast procurement needs that suit admin needs.
- Raise Purchase requisitions on request from the HR team leader.
- Under delegation from HR Team Leader, coordinate with supply chain to facilitate procurement of supplies and services
- Ensure adequate stock of critical supplies at all times.
N.B: The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- University Degree in Human Resources / Administration, Business Administration and other related discipline
- At least 1year work experience in field of Human Resources and Administration in an NGO/Commercial sector.
- Thorough knowledge of HR/Admin functions
- Highly self-driven while striving for perfection under minimum supervision
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Office applications (Excellent computer skill)
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel to deep field locations to support in recruitments and other admin functions.
- Ability to work independently on his or her own initiative with problems solving skills
- Strong team and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
25th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to the “Recruitment Manager”
- The position title must be written in the subject line of the email otherwise not considered.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals only.
- DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Address Maiduguri, Borno