Job Title: HSS Officer
Job ID: 797
Location: Jos, Plateau
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Security
- Implement NRC’s HSS Policies and guidelines in Plateau State.
- Conduct regular security risk assessments of NRC offices, Guest Houses in order to implement mitigation measures guided by the MOISS standards.
- Conduct HSS Briefing and Induction to all staff, new hired and visitors to Plateau state. Keep recorded of all briefing conducted following the informed consent guideline.
- In Collaboration with the HSS Coordinator, he/she will support in conducting mandatory HSS training to NRC staff deployed in Plateau State.
- Supervise contacted security guards and act as liaison with the security guard company management.
- Ensure that all incidents impacting NRC staff, assets and programs in Plateau are reported and documented in NRC Protect Platform.
- Develop a staff travel tracking system in collaboration with the HSS CMC in Maiduguri Country Office.
- Liaison with UN agencies, NGOs and other external actors for the purposes of information sharing and collaboration in Plateau State.
- Collate and prepare a weekly security report of Plateau state and submitting to AM and HSSC.
- Work closely with HSS Humanitarian Access Coordinator to report, track and monitor access challenges, enablers and constraints.
- Give regular daily context update to the Area Manager before commencement of field activities.
- Make available different key contact persons in different LGA where NRC will be implementing activities.
- Ensure that access control procedures to the Office/Guest House are in place and adequately enforced by the security guards.
- Is a member of the COVID – 19 Area Office Committee and works with the Area Manager to implement COVID – 19 prevention measures in NRC office.
- Liaison with different stakeholders and support the Area Manager in organizing meetings when required.
- Support Logistic Team to conduct safety assessment of vehicles rented for use by NRC
- Ensure that all communication equipment (Satellite phones, GPS trackers) are in good working condition and available for use by staff.
- Conduct daily staff headcount and report to HSS CMC
Professional Competencies and Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills, including capacities to negotiate with non-government stakeholders.
- Strong Report-writing ability and security incident analysis.
- 1 to 2 years of working experience within a similar function in safety and security management with INGOs, the UN, or government or private sector.
- Previous experience from working in complex and emergency contexts, particularly in the North East Nigeria is desired
- University or advanced degree in Social Studies, Administration, Security Management, Humanitarian/Refugee Affairs, and Disaster Risk Management. HND in relevant similar field will be considered.
- Previous work experience and service in the uniformed forces (military, police, Prisons, NCDC, etc) is a desired advantage. Certificate of good service discharge will be required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Understanding of local language is mandatory (Hausa, Birom, Fulani etc).
- Basic and advance computer skills is mandatory ( MS Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook).
- Working skills of communication equipment (VHF Radio, Satellite Phones, GPS tracker).
- Basic web based mapping knowledge or GIS.
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2021 – 11:57 AM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Jos, Plateau