Job Title: Hotel General Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Hotel General manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel.
- Directs and coordinates hotel activities to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations, and maximize full potential with a balanced focus on the hotels mission, guests, employees and owner’s satisfaction.
- Assigns duties to Heads of Departments and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Provides training to staff and Heads of Departments.
- Acts as the hotels public relations director and promotes the property within the hotel industry, local community and trade associations.
- Monitor the Guest feedback on Trip Advisor, OTA’s etc. and hotels GSTS and RSTS surveys.
- Receives and resolves guest complaints and service recovery process.
- Ensure Adherence to all company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Ensure full compliance to hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies and service standards.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly property inspections.
- Ensures property, grounds, physical plant and work areas maintained to standard.
- Builds strong working relationships and communications with hotel staff, HOD’s and other departments to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and fulfilment of special event need.
- Monitor maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment) conditions and provide status reports to GM.
- Audits on par stock in all areas to make sure that all required hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need.
- Performs sudden audits on rooms and other operating areas.
- Ensure hotel staff are provided with uniforms and name tags and uphold property grooming standards.
- Ensures effective, timely and accurate communications flow with regards to hotel policies and procedures.
- Corporate client handling and participation in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
Education / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism, Professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- 5- 6 years experience in hotel or hospitality business
- Strong problem-solving Skills
- Strong management skills, ability to appropriately delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals.
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!