Havana Specialist Hospital is a foremost Nigerian private hospital where multidisciplinary medicine is practiced at the highest level. Since her inception in the year 1983 Havana Specialist Hospital has continued to be a pace setter in medical service delivery in Lagos and Nigeria at large. To this effect, Havana has since grown to become one of the best hospitals in Nigeria and has been acknowledged by several awards and prestigious recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hospital Porter
Employment Type: Full-time
Overall Purpose of the Job
- Hospital porter is responsible for supporting the clinical team to deliver the highest standards of care and transporting people, equipment and supplies between different departments of a hospital.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lift, mobilise, and transport weak or ill patients with wheelchairs or trolleys, safely and comfortably between hospital wards and other departments, such as X-ray, physiotherapy or cardiology as per Hospital policy and health and safety guidelines.
- Use specially provided handling techniques to move expensive, specialist medical equipment from one part of the hospital to another such as elevator or trolleys.
- Transporting medical supplies or equipment, such as oxygen cylinders, and collecting and returning them when they are empty.
- Assist the theatre team in the cleaning of theatre and associated equipment.
- Lift patients in and out of bed, chairs, taxis, and ambulances to move them to and from treatment areas and procure rooms.
- Transporting general clinical waste and hazardous materials.
- Collecting blood samples and medical specimens from wards, clinics and theatres, and taking them to laboratories.
- Offer comfort and support to patients and their families.
- Move deceased patients and their belongings to the mortuary.
Qualification and Experience
- Education requirements: Minimum of an SSCE or its equivalent.
- Work experience: At least 0-2 years of porter duties in a healthcare industry
- Previous hospital experience is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
14th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!