Job Title: Hospital Physician Generalist
Job ID: ABJ202100208
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the supervision of the Hospital Program Manager, the Hospital Physician Generalist provides clinical services and/or supports the hospital team in improving the quality of medical care and the organization and management of medical services, in close collaboration with his/her local counterparts. S/He ensures the continuity of care and respect for medical ethics and patient confidentiality.
- Works under the direction of the ICRC Mobile Surgeons/Anesthetists regarding clinical care and the Hospital Project Manager for administrative issues.
- Works in close collaboration with the ICRC Management team, Surgical team and the State Specialist Hospital Maiduguri (SSHM) National staff to ensure patients receive appropriate and timely care in line with recognized national and international standards.
- Ensures rational prescription practices in accordance with valid national and international protocols/standards
- Ensures efficient use of drugs and consumable materials and hospital equipment
- Maintains a dialogue with SSHM and external specialists i.e. ENT, Gynae, infectious Disease specialists, COVID testing/treatment centers.
- Coordinates with Senior Surgeon requests for external/internal consultancies and arranges consolations for ICRC supported patients as required
- Participates in mass casualty management and simulation exercises in ER with ICRC and SSHM national staff.
- Participates in meetings with the departmental staff to discuss training needs related to training and quality of care
- Contributes to developing and implementing teaching programs to develop skills of national staff (medical and nursing) including formal and informal bed side teaching.
- Understands and contributes to dissemination of Health Care in Danger.
Education and Experience Required
- University Degree in Medicine and a valid license to practice in Nigeria.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional clinical experience.
- Minimum 2 years of international humanitarian experience, including in delivery of hospital care.
- Experience in working in humanitarian setting an asset.
- Good computer skills i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).
- Fluency in local languages i.e. Hausa, Kanuri, Shua.
Application Closing date
20th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter and NYSC Certificate to: [email protected] Clearly indicate “ABJ202100208 Hospital Physician Generalist MIU” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated).
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!