Job Title: HOP Senior ElasticSearch Engineer
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Job Type: Contract
- We are looking for an ElasticSearch Engineer with significant experience working with large ElasticSearch clusters. This role will be responsible for resolving production issues, cluster performance optimization, capacity planning, enhancing monitoring capabilities for early issue detection, driving operational readiness and ongoing maintenance.
- SPACE44 is a Service Provider for Software Development and builds offshore teams for customers in Europe and the USA. Although working distributed it is SPACE44’s philosophy to feel you are onboarded in a team with a strong team culture and support. We are a young team without hierarchies and dress codes – be yourself – authentic and honest – working like friends.
- This client is based South of Los Angeles and building a new Social Media platform. The first beta version launching soon is trying to challenge Facebook and other new Social Media. We are support this ambitious Startup with a strong Remote Team.
- Design and implement ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash and Kibana) stack solutions
- Create and manage Elasticsearch Clusters on-premise.
- Fine tune bulk load process.
- Provide Elastic Search tuning/optimizing based on application needs.
- Be familiar working with .Net tech stack
- Create Dashboard on KPIs
- Contribute to team design discussions with detailed technical information
- Develop code with quality, scalability and extensibility
- Provide work breakdown and estimates for complex software development tasks
- Identify strategic/tactical solutions and provides risk assessments and recommendations
- ELK Stack, ELK Data Migration
- Double Metaphone, Synonym Libraries
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 5+ years as a Data Engineer
- 2+ years of ElasticSearch experience in production, in medium to large clusters
- Deep working knowledge of and proven experience with Elasticsearch and Kibana
- Experience building ElasticCluster
- Experience configuring and performance tuning large clusters
- Strong understanding of Elasticsearch Full Text Content Indexing and Search
- Advanced knowledge of Elasticsearch sharing, partitioning, aliases, watchers, etc.
- Experience working in DevOps structured and Agile organizations
- Excellent communication skills with minimum B2+ English
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a distributed and international, English speaking team
- Learning in a young and innovative team distributed all over the globe
- Innovative projects of small to medium-sized clients, non-corporate and non-insurance
- Excellent work-life balance with SPACE44 defending your interests to the client
- “Employment-like” Freelancing with long term assignments 6 month+
- Very structured Onboarding & HR management with continuous support
- Half-yearly feedback reviews and your personal development plan
- Your desired hourly rate with regular raises
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!