Job Title: HIVST Research Consultant
Position Reports To: STAR Project Director
- The consultant will work closely with Jhpiego STAR Project team, Ministry of Health, local stakeholders and global advisors working on STAR project to design and oversee the study.
- The study will be implemented during the financial year 2021. The consultant is expected to spend 5-6 months to complete the study.
- The position holder will consult with the Ministry of Health and coordinate implementation research on various HIVST distribution models, generating evidence for rapid scale-up and improved access to HIVST.
Under the supervision of STAR project Director:
- The consultant will engage the Ministry of Health, Jhpiego/STAR project and PEPFAR and Global Fund implementing partners to understand and support seamless conduct of the project evaluation and research.
- He/She will align field procedures with approved protocols and Standard Operating procedures (SOPs)
- Develop training protocol for the training of data collectors, qualitative interviewers and transcribers
- Will complete and submit study reports, including cleaned dataset, statistical analyses and syntax, data collection tools and completed instruments used during the consultancy
- Work closely with Jhpiego STAR project staff in-country (community HIVST consultant, private sector consultant, HTS and SI advisors etc) and in the Headquarters.
Timeframe & locations
January 3 – February 15, 2021:
- Desk review, situational analysis and stakeholder engagement on HIVST program evaluation and research.
- Development of data collection and M&E Tools, development and approval of new tools, research instruments (surveys, interview guide etc) and protocol
- Training of data collectors and data entry clerks.
February 16th – March 31st:
- Data collection and entry (quantitative and qualitative)
- Data analysis
April 1st – May 31st 2021:
- Report writing, dissemination and submission for peer review.
- A Master’s Degree or PhD in Public Health, Epidemiology, Monitoring and Evaluation, Implementation Research, Health Service Researches or relevant field
- At least 5 years of experience in health services and implementation research including leading the design and implementation research with strong quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- At least 10-15 related publications in peer reviewed journal with 5 as first author
- Demonstrated capacity and professional experience in survey design implementation including sampling strategy, estimating sample size, coordinating data collection and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience training research assistants and supervising a research team
- Significant work experience in conducting health research in Nigeria
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English
- Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments.
Application Closing Date
17th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “HIVST Research Consultant Abuja” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!