Job Title: HIVST Documentary Consultant
Position Reports To: STAR Project Director
- STAR Nigeria project is seeking the services of a competent communication and documentary practitioner (professional videographer, photographer and writer) to do a documentary of the project.
- The position holder will capture 2 different 5-10 minutes documentary with HD pictures and print narratives, showcasing the achievements and successes of STAR Nigeria from provider, client and stakeholder perspective including challenges and best practices for adaptations.
- The documentary will increase brand awareness of HIVST in Nigeria and serve as advocacy toolkit among stakeholders and policy makers.
- Familiarize with STAR project context by reviewing the project’s documents, interacting with the local communities / beneficiaries, providers, implementing partners, stakeholders and clients who have been impacted by the project
- Develop the documentary and short videos overall concept, script and storyboard based on the project context
- Visit project locations to shoot the documentary, take high definition pictures based on the story board
- Produce a well-edited high definition, short documentary of various aspect of the project’s implementation
- Produce standalone testimonials of beneficiaries, stakeholders and ad-hoc staff
- Collect footage that will be cut and woven into a bigger video piece and a reader-friendly text report about the activities and successes recorded in the HIVST implementation efforts in Nigeria by Jhpiego/STAR Nigeria, Partners, stakeholders and providers
- Soft copies of the footages and edited copies delivered in quality external hard drive Including translations in English for footage in the audio-visual documentation, where respondents are using local language.
Condition of Work:
- The Consultant will be required to travel to the project states. STAR Project will cover travel-related costs to the location
- The Consultant is expected to use his/her own camera and editing equipment. And will work at his/her own facilities on activities relevant to the delivery of the assignment
Duration of the Consultancy
- The consultancy will last for 10 days. The consultant will develop a travel itinerary in collaboration with project staff.
- The schedule/itinerary will specify the implementation of the documentary and editorial process until delivery of the final products.
- University Degree or Diploma in Videography or related fields from a recognized institution.
- Should possess at least 5 years of filming experience in a development program setting
- Knowledge of evolving videography and photography technology and digital platforms
- Demonstrated experience of having executed similar project in the past for international non-profit organizations.
Application Closing Date
17th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “HIVST Documentary Consultant Abuja” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!