Job Title: Health Policy / Technical Advisor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract (13 Months)
- The successful candidate will work on a Fixed-Term basis (full time) for the duration of the Contract, which is estimated to last for 13 months from January 2021.
- The Health Technical Advisor (HTA), serves as the source of Health Technical support for designated Programs and Interventions.
- The HTA provides technical expertise and collaborates in the designing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities / projects with a particular focus on health systems areas of health governance and quality improvement.
- He / She interfaces between the field staff in the designated Programs, the Programs Managers, the Project Managers and Senior Management.
- The role cuts across the wide range of health issues that the organisation focuses it advocacy work in.
- He / She will be responsible for conducting analyses and providing evidence for the public health initiatives
- He / She provides project management support for various programs being implemented by the Organization and contributes to identifying bottlenecks and corrective steps to achieve the expected outcomes
- He / She will be responsible for building a business case for health including conducting cost-effectiveness and/or cost-benefit analysis, modelling the impact of investments on mortality, morbidity and health status in the health sector
- Take an active role in monitoring and evaluation of projects and provide feedback to the team on the progress of various components- the achievements and slow-moving areas.
- Updating the monitoring indicators of projects on a regular basis based on the project data and studies; preparing reports based on the information generated by projects for policy purposes as well as to strengthen the information collection methods on a regular basis
- Provide input on budgets required for project delivery
- Conduct technical training and ongoing technical coaching for Program Managers
- Work with Programme Managers to help analyze data that informs periodic review and course correction as needed
- Participate in and advise on strategic health initiatives, and partnerships with other organisations
- Engage in policy brief writing focused on key Organizational advocacy issues, maternal health, Immunisation, nutrition etc
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree with 10-17 years of work experience;
- Technical Skills: Sound Knowledge of health policy
- Proficient Skills in Technical Writing
- Ability to translate Technical documents into advocacy messages
- Sound knowledge & experience in Monitoring & Evaluation
- Sound knowledge & experience in managing and overseeing health programs
- Hands-on experience carrying out health-related advocacy
- Proven ability to build the technical knowledge/ability of team members
- Proficient Skills in managing diverse projects
- A thorough understanding of Health Program design and development
- Sound knowledge of the Nigerian health system and key health system actors
- Ability to initiate and see-through policy reforms through collaborative and consensus-building approaches
- Professional certification in Project Management is an added advantage
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the “Job title” applied for as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!