Job Title: Health and Safety Officer
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Safety Officer is responsible for monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations.
- Making regular site inspections
- Planning safe working practices and making necessary changes
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
- Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely
- Writing reports, bulletins and newsletters on safety.
- Undertaking risk assessments
- Identifying potential hazards and conducting job hazards analysis.
- Determining ways of reducing risks
- Liaising with relevant authorities
- Organizing/attending health and safety meetings
- Safely handling hazardous substances
- Making recommendations following accidents/incidents
- Keeping up to date with developments within the profession
- Making presentations to groups of employees/managers.
- Providing health and safety training courses for employees and managers
- Investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health
- Writing internal health and safety policies/strategies.
- Drawing-up safe operational procedures.
- Ensure that the best and adequate protective clothing and equipment is available for all staff members and Pilots at the Plant.
Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or any related course in a Health, Safety, or Environmental field of study.
- At least 2 years’ experience in health and safety.
- HSE Certification is COMPULSORY.
- In depth knowledge of safety procedures.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Good analytical skills and the ability to think critically
- Good public speaking skills
- Leadership skills
- Male / Female, preferably Female.
- Monday to Friday.
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!