Job Title: Head, Risk Management
- Provide risk and underwriting guidelines, credit culture awareness, credit policy support, and credit strategy support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the policies and procedures to mitigate the credit risk within the Group
- Contribute to system implementation projects in the credit risk space by providing requirements and design inputs, particularly with regard to credit risk recognition and measurement.
- Manage all of the credit risk aspects, continuous reviewing, and making adjustment, when necessary, in order to ensure that business is in line with the agreed Risk Appetite for the portfolio.
- Oversee the monitoring and reporting of performance against all key metrics including forward looking views with early escalation of trends and variations to ensure continued adherence to agreed company Risk Appetite.
- Responsible for defining parameters for ability to measure, monitor and control current and anticipated performance of the portfolios at all stages of the credit life cycle.
- Define credit risk portfolio management requirements and own the associated monitoring, control and forecasting requirements – this would encompass stress testing, portfolio behaviour and impairment loss ranges and overall credit quality
- Lead initiatives for development of methodologies for measurement of Credit Portfolio
- Develop and enhance the Credit Reporting & Monitoring framework which meets the requirements of various external & internal stakeholders.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of Credit Risk reports. Interpret the information and suggest actions for consideration by Senior Management
- Oversee the enhancement and review of the Group Credit Policies & Standards to ensure that these reflect the best practice and regulate the risk assets of the group as directed by the Board
- Contribute proactively to various risk related projects and initiatives.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other quantitative related field is required.
- Professional certificate provides added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience, with bulk of it being in the Credit Risk Management domain.
- Strong understanding of Credit analysis and policies.
- Good understanding of Risk Management principles.
- Possess strong problem solving skills (hypothesis-driven thinking, analytical, quantitative, conceptual skills)
- Thorough understanding of the evolving practices for the management of credit risk and regulatory requirements
- Capable of professional discussions with internal and external stakeholders, for the geographies in which the Group operates.
- Managing system transitions smoothly
- Able to source data/ perform periodic computations
- Knowledge of consumer credit risk management sound market and industry knowledge of the specialized sector
- Understanding of the key drivers of consumer loan and the underlying consumer behaviors
- Advanced computer skills, especially proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Leadership skill
- Ability to make deductions and meaning from rather complex and abstract situations and make sound decisions from them
- Detail oriented.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!