Job Title: Head, Retail Payment
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- To lead retail payments / wholesale banking strategy development and translation into plan and detailed activities, with reference to Interswitch overall strategic direction.
- To manage required resources, and work collaboratively with other departments to deepen and diversify existing businesses as well as develop new ones to achieve revenue growth.
- To lead strategy implementation against a timeline and budgetary margins.
- To enhance service delivery and engage with relevant stakeholders and to share updates on progress and achieved milestones.
Partnership, Relationship and Risk Management:
- Oversee deployment of retail payments / wholesale banking procedures and regulations, and handle communication and negotiation with business partners, service providers, and subsidiaries.
- Build and maintain close relationships with national, regional and local Fintech agents and investors to identify and convert investment leads into engagements with Interswitch.
- Develop a personal network within the business sector and represent the organization at business sector events.
- Obtain market intelligence and enhance the visibility and reputation of the organization, its products, and its services
- Develop and deliver a contingency plan for significant aspects of the risk management and control process.
- Develop a comprehensive view of payments risk including fraud and operational risks across channels, and help prioritize future initiatives
Business Development and Planning:
- Lead retail payments / wholesale banking strategy development and translation into plan and detailed activities, with reference to Interswitch strategic direction.
- Create a business development plan to identify, evaluate, and structure key transactions to ensure continued financial health and maximum value creation through the entire product life cycle.
- These transactions may involve alliances, collaborations, mergers and acquisitions, in and out-licensing initiatives, and other activities.
- Drive wholesale banking activities including managing retail activities, generate engagement leads, and coordinate project landing processes.
- Support Group Head, Banking Services, in developing retail payments / wholesale banking framework, and leverage the framework’s components during operations.
- Attend meetings led by Group Head, Banking Services, with relevant stakeholders, acquire retail payments / wholesale banking strategy, risk management processes, and share them with the execution team.
Sell Customer Propositions and Promoting Customer Focus:
- Configure a complex product and services solution and associated contractual terms that meet the customer’s mid-to long-term needs, taking input from relevant internal specialists.
- Present the solution to customer representatives and negotiate an agreement within a pre-defined range of commercial parameters.
- Review sales proposals from team members and authorise those that deviate from standard terms, escalating issues to senior management where appropriate.
- Develop internal marketing plans and work collaboratively with other departments to improve internal relationships and build strong external customer relationships.
Customer Relationship Management / Account Management / Data Management:
- Develop and implement relationship management plans for complex existing customer accounts to identify and build relationships with relevant decision-makers and influencers within the customer organization and to enable an effective two-way flow of information and resolution of issues.
- Manage ongoing relationships with identified customer segments to ensure their needs are met, providing themes, summary analyses, and recommendations for changes based on customer input.
- Manage key aspects of the data management system. This includes being responsible for developing or operating key elements of the system.
Customer Experience Strategy, Insights and Reporting:
- Drive and own the execution planning for a multi-stream, customer-facing initiative and help to refine the Customer Experience strategy by providing input on the implementation of initiatives.
- Contribute to the design and creation of reporting strategies and templates.
- Lead execution of complex reports, identifying and interpreting complex patterns and trends, and translating those insights into actionable recommendations and opportunities.
Performance Management and Capability Building:
- Manage and report on the performance of direct reports by setting appropriate performance objectives and holding them accountable for achieving these.
- Take appropriate corrective action where necessary to ensure the achievement of team / personal objectives.
- Implement the formal development framework for direct reports, with guidance from senior colleagues.
- Act as mentor and coach to team members while fostering an environment of mutual respect and trust among senior-level team members
- Provide informal coaching to others throughout the organization in the area of expertise.
- General Education – University First Degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, Information Technology or Finance-related field.
- General Experience – At least 8 years’ relevant experience in Wholesale Banking / Retail Business Development roles ideally within reputable financial institutions.
- This will enable the job holder to deal with the majority of situations and to advise others.
- Managerial Experience – At least 4 years’ experience of planning and managing resources to deliver predetermined objectives as specified by more senior managers within limited timeframe.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!