Job Title: Head, Regional Office
Reference No.: 130-PEO01178
Employment Type: Permanent
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Roles & Responsibilities
The role holder will:
- Implement the organisation’s marketing and channel optimisation strategies at the regional office
- Coordinate the execution of customers’ acquisition and retention strategies targeted at the organisation’s project finance customers to maximize market penetration, customer growth, profitability and sector development
- Provide advisory services to small and medium sized non-oil exporters within the regional office area
- Coordinate recovery as well as credit performance monitoring efforts for customers within the purview of the regional office
- Provide input in the articulation of the business development division’s strategy/ plan for customer acquisition and retention.
- Execute the Bank’s marketing strategy within the target market segments (agro-allied, manufacturing, services and solid minerals) at the regional area office to increase its market share.
- Contribute to the formulation of strategies required to acquire and sustain accounts in the defined target sectors ( i.e Manufacturing, Agro- Allied, Services and Solid Minerals)
- Coordinate execution of the Bank’s marketing strategy to increase the Bank’s market share in trade finance:
- Customer visits
- Targeted advertisements and awareness campaigns
- Exporters enlightenment programs
- Trade fairs and conferences etc.
- Ensure proper completion of credit application forms by customer and adequacy of supporting documentation
- Ensure timely scheduling and conduct of appraisal visits.
- Ensure proper due diligence on customers as required.
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation of credit appraisal findings.
- Review trade finance applications (in line with the Bank’s policy) and make appropriate recommendations/decisions.
- Manage the Bank’s trade finance portfolio and monitor the quality of existing customer relationships on a continuous basis.
- Intervene to resolve sensitive or complex relationships issues to ensure customer satisfaction and escalate as required.
The role holder will:
- Develop concepts for promotional campaigns targeted at exporters within the regional area office
- Participate in product launches at areas within the purview of the regional office.
- Participate in awareness campaigns, fairs, conferences etc aimed at promoting the Bank’s products and services.
- Identify customer/ market needs at the regional area office and proactively seek to provide products/services to meet these needs.
- Monitor and ensure the branch meet its customers acquisition and retention target.
- Provide advisory services and trade information to small and medium sized non-oil exporters within the regional area office:
- Business plan development
- Feasibility studies
- Financial advisory services (e.g. sources of cheap funds, application details etc.)
- Ensure timely and efficient handling of all correspondences from or to regional office
- Intervene to resolve sensitive or complex relationships issues t ensure customer satisfaction and escalates as required.
- Liaise with Service Desk at the Head Office to ensure timely resolution of customer
- Monitor the implementation of the unit’s budget
- Conduct credit performance monitoring visits for project sites within the purview of the regional area office
- Represent the Bank in seminars, workshops, meetings etc, as required and make recommendations/ report to ED, Business Development.
The role holder will:
- Review and approve bank and cash transactions in line with authority limits.
- Ensure all bank and cash transactions at the Regional office are adequately documented and forwarded to the head office for posting
- Monitor the implementation of the branch’s budget.
- Manage the welfare of staff at regional office.
- Manage relationship with the respective vendors servicing the regional area office
- Review the branch’s performance and conduct performance appraisal of subordinates.
- Prepare and submit activity and performance reports to the ED, Business Development.
- First Degree or its equivalent in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years cognate experience, with at least two (2) year supervisory experience.
- Strong Credit skills and significant exposure in trade/ project finance
- Proven experience in marketing project/ trade finance products. The candidate must demonstrate experience and knowledge of designing and selling project/ trade finance products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to make presentations to Management/ Board and other stakeholders as may be required.
- Significant understanding of the operations of an Export Credit Agency
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals
- Willingness to work extra hours where required in order to achieve the Bank’s objectives.
- General understanding of the objectives and purpose of a development finance institution.
Application Closing Date
6th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!