Job Title: Head Procurement & Office Management
Responsibilities / Job Description
- This role is responsible for leading all procurement efforts for The Elevation Church to efficiently and effectively enable business and volunteer units maximize the value they receive from suppliers to meet their objectives while also ensuring that quality, safety, and cost-effectiveness are achieved.
- Also responsible for overseeing general office operations at the centre.
Business Planning and Optimization:
- Develop an effective and suitable procurement strategy for TEC
- Participate in the annual budgeting exercise, providing inputs in the creation of short, mid, and long-term procurement goals and objectives of the Church
- Participate in the creation of TEC–wide Cost Projections and Strategies for Optimization
- Support the inputs through information on benchmark Cost & Price Performance
- Identify cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities and implement strategies to achieve set objectives
- Ensure strict cost control based on annual and other periodic budgets and forecasts
- Anticipate unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
Business Partner Identification and Prequalification:
- Understand business requirements of all units and develop procurement strategies around them
- Develop a framework for a competitive contract bidding process for all supplies within TEC
- Identify new vendors and gather information for registering them in TEC’s database of potential vendors.
- Define and implement the procedure for prequalifying vendors for TEC.
- Ensure a minimum of three vendors are available for all recurrent procurement categories
- Ensure integrity during the vendor selection process
Sourcing and Contracting:
- Manage end to end procurement process (from need identification to delivery and payment of the business partners)
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure the clarity of the specifications and expectations per purchase requisition
- Ensure sourcing and procurement of quality goods and services in a timely manner and at competitive prices.
- Ensure integrity and SLA compliance during the vendor contracting process
- Ensure that procurement transactions are conducted in a manner providing full and open competition whenever practicable
- Ensure all commitments are properly documented and approved
- Manage business process outsourcing activities
Vendor Performance Evaluation and Management:
- Manage vendor performance evaluation and monitor to ensure quality control
- Provide support to business functions in managing the contract execution and ensuring compliance with contractual SLA and KPI’s
- Continuously evaluate supplier/service provider costs to ensure the best possible price in order to maximize profitability.
- Manage business partner dispute resolutions
- Manage the partner satisfaction survey process
Paperwork & Accounting:
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing trends for recurring transactions
- Ensure accurate inventory management for the products or services bought by TEC
- Ensure timely delivery of purchases from vendors, generate and track purchase orders
- Work alongside the purchasing department and Finance to ensure that promised deliveries were received in full and are paid for on time
- Work closely with Finance to ensure sufficient funds per transaction and smooth cash.
- Advice management on all legal provisions regulating purchasing which may affect TEC
- Comply with procurement rules and applicable federal and state laws and regulations as required.
- Ensure the elimination of all possibilities of corruption or unethical practices in the procurement process.
- Maintain up-to-date records on all purchases made
- Ensure the maintenance of a buffer stock
- Oversee all general office operations, including store management
Skills and Knowledge
Educational Qualification & Relevant Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years varied experience in Procurement / Supply Chain Management and Administration.
- Managerial experience is required.
- Sound understanding and extensive experience in Procurement & Logistics/Supply Chain
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
- Multi-vendor management skill
- Ability to manage expectations of multiple stakeholders – TEC Management and employees as well as vendors
- Project Management
- Ability to handle internal pressure to expedite the end to end management of the supply chain
- Strong negotiation skills
- Solid operational management and general business skills and savvy
- Working knowledge of finance and/or accounting in terms of budgeting, cost management, risk management
- Understanding of tax laws and requirements as relates to Procurement
- Broad knowledge of industry dynamics on both the buy-side and sell-side
- Excellent communication skills and even better listening skills
- Ability to “sell” procurement’s value and to run procurement as a services business
- Understanding of standard contractual terms
- Change management skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
Attitude & Behavioural Traits:
- Strong leadership skills
- Strategic mindset and problem-solving skills
- Team Orientation
- Analytical mind-set,
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!