Job Title: Head of Operations
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
- The HOO is a key member of the management team and is responsible for ensuring the efficiency of business operations
The Head of Operations is responsible for the following:
- Manage strategic relationships with partners / vendors and ensuring continuous delivery of services through management of service level agreements
- Set (with the executive team or COO) and oversee execution of comprehensive goals for organizational performance and growth against agreed budget and plans
- Co-design (with the executive team or CEO) and implement operational delivery platform and initiatives aimed at enhancing service delivery (service, quality and reliability) as well as cost-effectiveness for all the organizations’ products and services
- Establish operational policies and procedures that promote company culture and vision
- Support commercial initiatives through operations and product related development, innovation and differentiation
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics when required or at the instance of top management
- Ensure adherence of company to all relevant legislation and safety / security practices and protocols
- Write and submit reports to the COO in all matters of importance
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business / Finance discipline or related field. An MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in transportation, logistics or similar background
Person Skill / Requirements:
- Ability to strategically manage company-wide programs, projects and / or processes.
- Solid analytical skills and attention to detail required with a demonstrable ability to gather and analyze trends and identify root causes
- Ability to analyze large transactional data sets, interpret ambiguous situations and make solid business recommendations
- Capability to efficiently prioritize incoming request and prioritize accordingly
- High level of self-motivation, initiative and ability to operate effectively as a team player
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and pursue multiple initiatives simultaneously while delivering superior results
- Excellent written / oral communication skills and the ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations
- Mastery of the Microsoft Office suite, with a focus on Word, PowerPoint and Excel and / or Access
Key Performance Objectives and Indicators:
- Ensure achievement of total monthly set targets
- Ensure a month- on- month reduction (by 50%) of all incidence of accidents in the terminals or company-owned or run terminals
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!