Job Title: Head of Legal, Audits / Risk & Compliance
Job Ref.: MIM/1927/HLC
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a Nigerian lawyer with a strong track record in delivering quality result in a highly complex financial business environment.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate has a key role in advancing and defining the firm’s legal and compliance strategy, as well as dealing with the commercial and legal aspects of all transactions and the enforcement of loan agreements and brand protection.
- The successful candidate will also be responsible for implementing the firm’s second line defence controls and policies.
- Responsible for the drafting and / or revision of loan agreements, marketing agreements, supplier agreements, data protection agreements, confidentiality agreements, along with much more.
- Provide company secretarial support, such as drafting Board minutes and Powers of Attorney; along with firm’s compliance documents and company accounts.
- Assist with a comprehensive bi-yearly risk assessment of all material business risks, as well as more regular data protection and compliance audits and monitoring progress in these areas.
- Support with the review of existing policies and guidance documents and the creation of new documents, where required.
- Identifying and advising on improvements to existing policies, processes and tools based on the latest compliance trends, standard methodologies and national and international regulatory expectations.
- Producing and delivering legal and compliance related training for the business.
- Carrying out an effective regime for customer and supplier due diligence processes.
- Helping raise the profile of the team’s work and assist in embedding a culture of compliance in the business.
Job Qualifications & Competencies
- Qualified lawyer with 6+ years’ experience.
- Extensive knowledge of corporate compliance regulation, including anti-bribery and finance laws.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with an ability to develop and build good working relationships with other teams and departments.
- The ability to prioritise and lead projects from inception through to completion with strong attention to detail.
- Energetic and commercial approach to work and advice.
- Creative problem solver.
- Extensive understanding of data protection laws and CBN regulation.
- Knowledge of and interest in the consumer finance industry.
- Organizational skills and the ability to understand detailed information.
- Passion and enthusiasm for technology.
- Numeracy skills, with strong IT skills.
- A proven track record of ‘making a difference’.
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send their CV only to: [email protected] using the role “Head of Legal, Audits / Risk & Compliance” as the subject of your application.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!