Job Title: Head of Finance
- The Head of Finance performs all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, liquidity management as well as development of internal control policies and procedures
- He/she will ensure the availability of all financial information required to support management and other stakeholders in strategic decision-making
- The role will also support business transformative initiatives.
- The ideal candidate have experience developing finance strategies for growth, treasury management and business forecasting. Essentially maintaining the company’s financial health and contributing to the overall performance / profitability with focus on maximising value for the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for timely, accurate and appropriate financial statements and reports for all stakeholder (internal/external) in accordance with IFRS.
- Implement and ensure adherence to internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain complete and accurate supporting documentation for all financial transactions.
- Manage the company’s cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts on a regular basis.
- Handle the acquisition of capital assets and ensure they are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
- Prepare supporting information for the annual audit exercise and liaise with external auditors as necessary.
- Formulate policies for budget and forecast preparation; assist other departments in budget creation; prepare the annual company budget, monitor and report on variances.
- Oversee the administration of investments.
- Compute key business metrics and report on them to management; create additional analyses and reports as requested.
- B.Sc / B.A in Accounting, Finance or relevant educational experience
- Master or relevant certification (e.g. ICAN /CIMA,ACCA) is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ current experience in a finance management Role with experience leading a team.
- Experience in process and procedure mapping and structuring, documentation to ensure delegation of authority requirements is essential.
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping.
- Understanding of the tax laws and its application is essential.
- Experience with a BIG 4 is an added advantage.
- Finance Accounting, Management Accounting, planning, budgeting and risk management.
- Experience with strategy and performance management.
- Experience with Treasury operations, cash and Liquidity management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ current experience in a finance management Role, including accounts preparation, budget process management, forecasting.
Skills and Knowledge:
- High level proficiency with MS Excel for analysis and use of Accounting and analysis software.
- Able to prepare financial statements from the ground up and robust understanding in order for management presentation in a true and objective view of the company’s performance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a collaborative style of working.
- Potentially focused on FS, Treasury and cash management processes.
- A good network with the banks and dealing with regulators (CBN, FIRS, etc), knowledgeable about local tax rules and regulations.
- Ability to raise local debt equity, entrench a fully efficient finance function that provides sound fiscal strategy, policies, planning and processes.
- Goal and timeline oriented, with unquestionable integrity, good judgement and strong professional ethics.
- Significant and demonstrable practical experience of problem resolution
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!