Job Title: Head of Diagnostic
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Coordinate various aspects of the laboratory services and ensure that the vision and mission of the Diagnostic Centre conform to standards set up by the Board of Directors.
- Apportion duties to all laboratory staff.
- Liaise with national and international organizations and specialists in laboratory science to ensure quality of services meet international standards.
- Foster good inter-departmental coordination to ensure prompt delivery of services.
- Maintain current records of maintenance requirements of all equipment to avoid unforeseen breakdowns.
- Ensure appropriate relationship between the hospital and the Diagnostics Centre
- Oversee staff discipline and cleanliness of the laboratory premises.
- Regularly present progress reports to the Board of Directors
Patient Diagnosis and Care:
- Exercise judgment to assess and respond to patient’s needs prior to, during and following procedures
- Evaluate and maintain a quality control program to ensure instrumentation credibility and reliability
- Utilize techniques and education that will minimize radiation exposure to patients and health care personnel
- Operate diagnostic medical equipment such as x-ray machines, MRI scanners and others
- Interpret images and results
- Occasionally monitor imaging sessions run by radiologists and technicians
- Consult with other clinical staff about appropriate imaging pathways as well as the discussion of the results of examination already performed
- Clinical management of the Diagnostic Centre to maintain a high-quality radiology service
- Report on images acquired by others as in the case with most computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance (MR), and plain film work
- Any other responsibilities that may be delegated to him by the Board of Directors.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 10-15 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
17th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!