Job Title: Head, Finance and Human Resources Department
Job Code: 9.1.01
- The objectives are to provide services related to managing the human and financial resources of the Organization.
- The Department is responsible for, budgets, accounting and internal control as well as human resources planning and management.
- The Department comprises two organizational sections: the Finance Section and the Human Resources Section.
Objective of Position
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, manages and evaluates the work of the Finance & Human Resources Department in accordance with the work programme and budget of the Department so as to optimize its support to the Secretariat in achieving its overall objectives.
- The work covers responsibilities of policies, development and management of human resources and of setting up and managing the Secretariat’s annual budget.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, manages and evaluates the work in the Finance & Human Resources Department covering:
- Human resources planning/forecasting, recruitment/selection, training & development, Performance Management System, policies development, compensation & benefits as well as administration of termination
- The annual budget of the Division, Departments and Offices, the control of the expenditures and the preparation of the financial reports
- The coordination of the preparation of the Secretariat’s annual budget
- The enhancement of inter-departmental collaboration and cooperation
- Taking appropriate measures to ensure an optimal culture and working climate in the Organization by regularly comparing compensations and benefits in the other Vienna based international and private organizations to keep the Secretariat a competitive employer
- The development of staff by arranging/coordinating adequate training programs
- Participates in all interview panels as the leading member
- Ensures full responses to requests by the Conference, BOG and standing committees for studies and special reports relevant to the work program of the Department
- Arranges presentations at relevant OPEC meetings and international forums representing the Secretariat as required
- Develops and maintains networks with external experts and institutions in fields relating to the work of the Department
- Keeps the Director, Support Services Division fully informed on all aspects of the work of the Department, and draws his attention to important analyses performed by it
- Evaluates the performance of the staff of the Department, and recommends to the Director, Support Services Division of staff development, salary increase, promotion and separations as appropriate
- Ensures that the staff of the Department receive the supervision and guidance necessary to broaden and deepen their skills and continuously improve their performance
- Prepares the annual budget for the Department
- Carries out any other tasks assigned to him/her by the Director, Support Services Division
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- Advanced university degree in Business Administration or equivalent subject
- 10 years with a minimum of 4 years in a managerial position, preferably at large national, regional, or international institutions
- Human Resources Management
- Financial Management (cost & benefit analysis)
- Office Administration
- Professional Management & Leadership
- Managerial & leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Decision making skills
- Strategic orientation
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Negotiation skills
- Initiative and integrity
Status and Benefits
- Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is at grade B reporting to the Director, Support Services Division. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to fill in a Résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor (PDF) (See Nigeria address below) for OPEC or Click Here (Ms Word) to download Application Form. In order for applications to be considered, the application form and resume must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, MCIPR,
Group General Manager, International Energy Relations (GGM IER),
Governor for OPEC,
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC,
Block D 10th Floor, Room 04, NNPC Towers,
Click Here to Download Application Form (Ms Word)
Note: Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!