Job Title: Head, Commercial & Advisory / Contract Management
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Specialization: Contract Management
- To represent the interest of the company in all business transactions, ensure the legality of commercial transactions, and advise on legal rights and obligations.
- To supervise the drafting, signing and documentation of contracts between IBEDC and external parties.
- Champions the implementation of the Company’s Corporate Governance framework.
- Serve as key lawyer/legal advisor on all major business transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures.
- Advises the Company on general commercial interests and other legal matters as required.
- Represents the Company in communications and negotiations of commercial ventures and other proposed arrangements.
- Assists in the development of the Company’s commercial legal strategy and policies.
- Resolves ethics and compliance matters that could have a significant impact on the Company.
- Review, draft, negotiate and advise on legal documentation for a broad range of matters including letters of intent, confidentiality agreements, purchase and sale contracts, MoUs or MoAs, management agreements, etc. to ensure that terms and conditions are legally valid, consistent with the organization’s policies.
- Respond promptly to legal requests, both internal and external, summarizing and communicating legal issues, risks and concepts.
- Liaises with individual Functions/divisions and provides advice on legal issues arising from contracts.
- Provide legal advice on contract and negotiation issues to ensure consistent and prudent legal advice and action.
- Provides assistance with litigations by or against contractors or other parties arising out of contracts, agreements, or similar documentation.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree + Master’s Degree
- Required Experience 7 – 10 years
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep understanding of the laws and regulations governing the power industry
- Deep understanding of corporate laws, securities laws & capital markets
Application Closing Date
1st October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!