A foremost and leading Newspaper House based in Lagos state with branches across the country is in need of suitable, qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Circulation
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- The ideal Candidate is expected to be a passionate leader, smart and highly aggressive Circulation expert with verifiable proven record of achieving high circulation and subscription deals in newspapers print and digital sales and circulation.
- The job holder plans, directs and manages circulation activities and makes sure there is effective achievement on agreed quantity circulated and sales revenue both in print and digital
- He will address critical circulation issues, to shape the strategic agenda for the company, and to develop practical plans to capture increased visibility and availability of the brand opportunities across client segments, geo-political regions (Lagos & South West, South East & South and Abuja & North)
- The Head, Circulation will manage the strategic and operational circulation requirements of the Newspaper and ensure it is visible and available everywhere in the identified geo-political regions for continued increase in sales and revenue growth.
- Develops circulation sales strategies to achieve short, medium and long term sales revenue objectives and targets
- Communicates regularly with Logistics, haulage and other vendors to discuss existing, new and improved circulation projects and maintains good relationships with them to ensure continuous business growth and reduced costs
- Manages the Circulation Team in the geo-political regions to canvass for circulation sales and subscription in the newspaper and through the digital medium
- Ensures on-time delivery and quality of service
- Reviews the transport, logistics and haulage processes and suggests improvements if any with the eye for reduction in cost
- Develops innovative and creative ideas for increasing circulation sales and Prioritize customers based on revenue potential
- Determines new circulation sales opportunities by studying the latest market trends, new sectors and customers
- Determines Circulation sales forecasts and present the figures to the Management
- Prepares Circulation sales presentations and proposals for clients
- Identifies Circulation sales problems and challenges within particular geo-political regions and proffer solutions which may include improvements and change in circulation approaches and methods
- Identifies market opportunities by locating consumer requirements, defining trends, benchmarking competitors’ strengths and weaknesses against circulation sales, forecasting projected business opportunities and establishing targeted market share for the individual Circulation team
- Monitors competitors’ Circulation sales and marketing activities and advising the company on how to sharpen its competitiveness
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs and anticipating or seeking new opportunities
- Provides up-to-date information on the Circulation sales performance of the company’s services by analyzing and summarizing data and trends
- Apart from Vendors and Agents, the ideal applicant must be able to put in place excellent strategy to ensure the Newspaper reach all the targeted audiences, markets and individuals and by so doing expand the visibility
- Boost the subscribers’ base, ensure that the Newspaper reach relevant stakeholders and operators in the industry.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Business, Management or any relevant discipline. A Master’s Degree, particularly an MBA, will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 7-15 years cognate experience with at least 5 years at Senior Officer level to Managerial in the print media or agency,
- Membership of Advertising Practitioners’ Council of Nigeria (APCON)
- Experience in identifying and developing new markets
- Excellent management ability of a team of 40 – 50 employees
Skills and Competencies:
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Good understanding of the following areas: Competitive Analysis, Advert Sales Planning, Understanding the Customers / Agencies, Product Development, and Client relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate; Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV alongside with photocopies of their credentials to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!