Job Title: Group Engineering Manager – Windows, Developers & Experiences (WDX)
Job Number: 1019064
Employment Type: Full time
Travel: 0-25 %
Profession: Hardware Manufacturing Engineering
Role Type: People Manager
- The Windows, Developers & Experiences (WDX) team, a part of the Windows + Devices (W+D) engineering organization, is looking for a Group Engineer Manager to partner with us to build and ship the next generation version of Windows that will touch the lives of 1 Billion+ users worldwide! Help us build modern, intuitive, iconic and delightful user experiences that will propel Windows into the 2020’s.
- We are looking for a Principal Group Engineering Manager (GEM) to help us put together and execute a strategy that can turn our vision into reality. As a GEM you will be responsible for some of the marketable user experiences on Windows. You will lead a team of Engineers and Managers responsible for the architecture and engineering of key user experiences for Windows.
- You will lead a team of 20+ engineers through the release cycle and work closely with engineering and program management teams across the globe.
As a Principal Group Engineer Manager, you will
- Manage a team of 20+ Software Engineers and Managers.
- Set strategy and vision for the team.
- Set realistic execution targets for the team.
- Work with your Program management counterparts and with partner Engineering teams across the globe to build the right product that meets the customer and market needs.
- Actively recruit and build out the engineering team with diverse and inclusive culture.
- Coach and grow leaders and engineers within the team.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- 6+ years of hands on experience designing, building and shipping software at scale with a C-style programming language (C, C++, C# or Java)
- 4+ years leading a team of engineers.
- Exceptional management experience, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Crisp communication skills, including ability to write concise technical docs and present idea.
- Track record of growing engineering teams
- Strong problem solving, debugging and analytical skills
- Experience working with globally diverse teams, partners, and customers.
- Experience collaborating with teams across different time zones and geographies.
- Experience with UI frameworks like XAML/UWP.
- Demonstrated passion for building great end-user experiences.
- Ability to be adaptable and agile during product development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!