Job Title: Group Accounting Manager
Location: Lagos, NG
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Level: Senior
Department : Accounting Department
About the Position
- As the Group Accounting Manager, you will be an integral member of the company’s leadership team.
- This position is accountable for providing the full breadth of the financial support services for PiggyTech group which includes working closely with the Management team of subsidiaries and the Group, business partners, and other internal and external stakeholders to drive effective financial control and planning process to support business strategy.
- You will also bring in financial control through a structured outcome-orientated approach, creating specific implementation plans and governance structures, and generating transparency through measurement and feedback. You will report directly to the Group COO.
- Head the Accounting function for the group charged with planning, governance, financial control, budgeting, commercial negotiations, and performance review of all subsidiaries within the Group.
- Responsible for creating the accounting structure and strategy for the team and drive adoption by all stakeholders.
- Responsible for governing all accounting operational activities like MIS, Balance sheet, P&L, billing, A/R, A/P, cost accounting, and revenue recognition and deploying the team to discharge responsibilities arising from such activities.
- Ensure tax and statutory compliance (I.e VAT, PAYE) for the group with all government agencies including FIRS, LIRS, etc.
- Prepare, consolidate and monitor annual budgets and forecasts across the Group and report budget performance and variances to the Management.
- Creating the Annual Operating Plan for the business functions and refresh the outlook for the year every quarter by working with Products, Customer Finance, Marketing, and Growth teams.
- Identify, develop, and report on key performance metrics in tailored reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Produce financial analysis and presentations for internal and external stakeholders, including the leadership team, Board of Directors, investors, and strategic partners.
- Ideate and execute innovative methods of financing various capital needs of the group and its holding companies.
- Manage the year-end reporting and audit functions for the group by working with the internal accounting team and external auditors.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners – represent the company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors, and officials.
- Develop innovative business plans, financial forecasts, and analysis for strategic initiatives and ad hoc projects, including new business lines/markets/products analysis, strategic decision-making in day-to-day operations, and other growth initiatives.
- Any other responsibility as may be prescribed by the COO or other members of the Management team.
- B.Sc. in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- 5-7 years experience in an Accounting, Audit, or Finance role with at least 2 years in a Managerial position
- Experience in financial services
- Demonstrated interest in the FinTech or alternative financial services operators, peculiarities, and nuances
- Professional Certification (ACA, ACCA)
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting Software (Sage, Quickbooks, Microsoft Dynamics, etc)
- Experience in managing multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in engaging different groups of Regulators
- Experience managing teams
- Experience in designing and maintaining chart of accounts
- Experience in end-end financial and management reporting
- Competitive, based on experience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Equal Opportunity: The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of gender, race or disability status.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Address Lagos, NG