Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Manager
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID-funded West Africa Trade and Investment Hub Project (hereinafter referred to as the Trade Hub) is a five-year, $140 million trade and investment facilitation activity that seeks to improve private sector competitiveness in West Africa through a market-based approach. By working in partnership with the private sector and fostering co-investments, the project will generate new private-sector capital investment into key sectors to create jobs and increase trade between the U.S. and West Africa, including through increased utilization of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA). The project comprises of three main components:
- Design and administration of a Co-Investment fund for private sector partnerships, including a portion for partnerships in Research and Development (R&D) towards innovating and modernizing practices in Nigeria across five targeted value chains;
- Technical assistance (TA) that directly supports, coordinates, and engages with qualifying recipients (i.e., partners and grantees) to achieve USAID’s trade and food security objectives;
- Urgently respond to the secondary economic impacts of COVID-19, notably to increase the access of working capital with financial actors, prevent job loss, and respond to supply shortages by scaling up local response.
- Through this Co-Investment fund and technical assistance, the Trade Hub will improve companies’ abilities to expand business operations, increase productivity, and create jobs that build on the talents and aspirations of West Africa’s growing population. The Trade Hub will collaborate on specific commercial opportunities with firms, service providers, research organizations, as well as other business network actors to access private capital that will contribute to large-scale jobs, exports and investment, particularly with strong demonstrated or potential links to the U.S. companies and investors.
- The Grants Manager Abuja will provide administrative and technical guidance and support to the Lead Grants Manager and staff on the design of grant activities, guidelines, and regulations for the small grants’ mechanism. Also, this position supervises the Grants Officer(s) and Assistant(s).
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Grants Manager will report to the Leads Grants Manager.
- Provide advisory assistance to grant applicants;
- Facilitate the evaluation of grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance with donor regulations, recommending award actions;
- Coordinate the issuance of awards and maintain grant documentation through the development and upkeep of a small grants database;
- Ensure use and support grantees and colleagues in the use of Trade Hub’s online grants management system, the System for Managing Activities, Reporting and Tracking (SMART);
- Prepare scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the small grants program;
- Supervise assigned grant staff members, providing training and guidance on grant management policies, procedures and practices;
- Provide mentoring support to strengthen and improve sub-grantees management capacity to improve performance; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Financial Analysis or Accounting desirable; Master’s Degree preferred;
- At least five years of experience with sub-grants management, preferably in Nigeria; minimum of three years working in international development;
- At least two years of supervisory experience with strong management and teamwork skillset;
- Solid understanding of USAID regulations and procedures pertaining to grants management, and ability to interpret and explain USAID regulations;
- Strong understanding of 2 CFR 200, ADS 302 and 303;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze cost proposals and prepare reports and recommendations on whether or not applicants should be funded;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills;
- Understanding of cost-share and/or leveraging preferred;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required, knowlegde of French will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected]africatih.com Using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail. CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!