Job Title: Vigilance Strategy & Monitoring Officer
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Vigilance Strategy & Monitoring Specialist
- This role will be part of a team responsible for field activities in line with the strategic objective to reduce unbilled energy
- Responsible for field activities aimed at reducing unbilled energy.
- Provide insight for team operations through statistical analysis of customer data to drive field activities at identifying revenue and energy leakages.
- Supervise technical gangs in carrying out safe diagnostics on meters, disconnection and reconnection of customers.
- Conduct investigation of whistleblowing on illegal use of electricity and provide reports to stakeholders.
- Periodic customer meter recertification and DT validation exercises for energy accounting.
- Enforce sanctions on consumers resorting to theft or illegal use of electricity in line with regulatory provisions.
- Provide support for weekly and monthly reporting of team’s activities for performance management.
- Periodic compliance reviews on both customer and field commercial staff to ensure compliance to company policies.
- Examine the existing procedures that provide opportunities for inefficiency and malpractices and implement remedial measures.
- Escalate all cases of non-compliance and monitoring all escalated issues/complaints for resolution.
- Joint responsibility for commercial loss reduction initiatives.
- Provide commercial loss reports of the Business Unit to management.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Operational Health & System requirements and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Carry out any other duty as requested by the Head Revenue Protection and Enforcement Unit, Team Lead Vigilance and BU Vigilance Specialist.
- This role requires a First Degree / HND in Engineering, Technology (limited to Chemical, Electrical, Civil, Production and Mechanical), Physics, Mathematics
- This role requires between 0-2 years technical work experience
- Familiarity with technical field work, use of work tools and personal protective equipment.
- Knowledge of the various types of electricity metering infrastructure.
- Knowledge of the electricity supply chain value system
- Knowledge of the electricity regulatory codes and requirements
- Knowledge of various forms of meter manipulations and other forms of energy theft
- Communication skills (Written & Oral)
- Discipline & Integrity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to influence others
- Good Intuitive and observatory skills
- Good listening and questioning skills
- Planning and Organizational Skills
Application Closing Date
7th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!