Job Title: Graduate Recruitment & Services Officer
Department: Graduate School
Summary of Position
- The Graduate Recruitment & Services Officer will support the Graduate school with enrollment, retention and graduation goals. She/he will support in establishing and administering programs for recruiting students to AUN graduate School.
- She/he will assist in developing and maintaining relationships with identified partners within the institution and community and strategize on opportunities to enhance recruitment efforts and implements identified strategies as well as providing administrative support, in accordance with established policies and procedures of AUN
- Represents the Graduate School at targeted areas; visits tertiary institutions and Colleges; speaks to groups and individual students; meets with school counselors, administrators and/or other constituent groups to promote outreach activities.
- Develops, coordinates and delivers outreach programs and marketing strategies, including community workshops, retreats, and related recruitment efforts; arranges visits and tours for prospective students and parents.
- Serves as the point person for internal coordination of university student recruitment and enrollment management goals, utilizing specific knowledge gained on admissions, registration criteria and financial aid and/or scholarship information and applicable deadlines.
- Provides career and academic counseling, planning, and advising to potential students utilizing specific knowledge gained on other university/institutions, educational programs and degrees.
- Develops and maintains partnerships between the university, tertiary institute systems, alumni networks, faculty, community partners, and other identified groups.
- Coordinates university participation of staff and alumni for national and other local Institutions recruitment fairs, conferences and related outreach events; coordinates event-specific organizational aspects, promotional materials and information on AUNs educational programs and degrees.
- Participates in and/or organizes and implements all aspects of large, multi-departmental special events utilizing presentation and promotional materials, maintaining budgetary and operational controls.
- Prepares reports and proposals regarding recruitment and outreach activities, and responds to inquiries from students and other agencies.
- Creates, packages, monitors and distributes resource materials for student recruitment and retention programs; develops mentorship programs; analyzes trends in recruitment and retention programs; develops strategies for program evaluation.
- Assisting the Dean and departments with various administrative tasks.
- Conducting various research experiments and analyzing data.
- Organizing Faculty and staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements for the Position
- B.Sc / HND in Business Administration, Marketing / Sales or other relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues
- Marketing/Sales experience/Tertiary Education experience
- Excellent Communication (written/spoken skills)
- Ability to coordinate and deliver sales presentations
- Ability to coordinate SGS Dean’s Recruitment/Other travels
- Ability to establish/grow/manage SGS linkages with external partners (gov/private) for recruitment purposes
- Other SGS Office duties to support Dean’s Executive Assistant
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports with specific deadlines.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgements.
- Ability to analyze course prerequisites, certification, and/or curriculum/graduation requirements.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to plan, assess, and evaluate programs.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Skill in the configuration and use of computerized database programs, knowledge of Microsoft office suite and OpenERP.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Must handle confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight frames, handle multiple tasks, and flexible changing priorities.
- Pleasant Personality suited for front-office staff (desired)
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to make clear, timely decisions.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Application Closing Date
7th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to apply, and submit the following: Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: [email protected] in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.aun.edu.ng
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!