Job Title: Finance Assistant
Locations: Abuja, Delta and Imo States
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Finance Assistant will be responsible for book keeping, disbursement, recording, requesting for replenishment of petty cash.
- He or She is responsible for financial transactions of assigned project.
- He or she will ensure timely banking, payments, contracts and payroll transactions of the project.
- He or She will assist in ensuring that Ledger accounts are properly maintained and reported in line with donor requirements and timelines.
- He or She will participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reports for donor agencies and PHI.
- Make daily postings to ensure income and expenditures are given proper treatment in the project financial system. Ensure that expenditures are within budgetary allocation and also reports variation
- Ensure efficient use of project resources and compliance with organizational, Nigerian and various donor financial regulations and procedures, In addition, he or she will:
- Assists in the preparation of monthly reports for program financial activities in the field, Reports to Senior Accountant on the financial performance of the project on periodic basis.
- Undertakes payroll preparation; tax and pension deductions and remit same appropriately.
- Participates in monthly bank reconciliation for the program accounts.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- First degree / HND in Accounting related courses.
- Minimum of 1year work experience with a USG funded project and other donor agencies outside & within Nigeria
- Knowledge of Microsoft word, excel & PowerPoint
- Goodknowledge of tally accounting software
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage details
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of personalities
Application Closing Date
13th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter along with their Resume / CV to: [email protected] with the Job title and location as a subject
- This job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Equal Opportunity Language:
- “Pro-Health International is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!