Job Title: Field Technical Support Intern
Job Type: Permanent
- The Field Technical Support Intern will be responsible for installation, second line network troubleshooting, restoration, and fault management support on the elements and components of the Main One network and assist clients in solving complex technical issues.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for installation and configuration of customer premise equipment (CPE).
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all Main One’s field support processes and procedures
- Ensure safe decommissioning of equipment and making them fit for reuse.
- Confer with customers in initial deployment troubleshooting, as well as in the initial debugging of new hardware and software.
- Report site (s) conditions to the network operating centre.
- Interpret survey reports (SRs) to effectively carry out onsite/installation activities.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Supervise vendors with onsite installations, to ensure that it conforms with MainOne quality standards.
- Responsible for structure cabling, PATs, and onsite installations supervision to ensure that standards and quality are maintained all times.
- Carry out survey, desktop/onsite and provide survey reports in clear terms with minimal supervision.
- Accurate auditing, recording, and management of company assets deployed at clients’ site
- Follow up with all activities to ensure that no issue arises from our deliverables at the customer’s premises while maintaining excellent customer delivery at every point
- Troubleshoot onsite issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure all customer SLAs are met.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc. or HND in Engineering any other related discipline.
- Certifications in HSE will be an added advantage.
- Certifications in CCNA will be an added advantage
- A good understanding of Ethernet and wireless networks
- Minimum years of Experience: 1
- At least 2 years of previous experience working in Wireless and Wired technology (UBIQUITY, Ruckus etc)
- Must have a high level of computer literacy to be able to configure PC IP settings, use basic IP testing and be competent in the use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to interpret topography, network design maps, and AutoCAD Designs
- Good experience in power management/ first level Power handling (DC and AC)
- Good stakeholder management (Vendor, Internal management)
- Knowledge of structured ethernet cabling standards and good cable management.
Demands of the Job:
- This role requires stamina and a lot of long hours
- Ability to multitask, prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly
- Ability to communicate with customers in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to work comfortably at heights with total regard for safety and good work ethics.
- Might be required to work late hours and during weekends.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos