Job Title: Government Affairs Manager
- The Government Affairs Manager is a politically savvy professional with access to key stakeholders in government and a dependable enabler for the company to shape public policies and lead advocacies on corporate affairs campaigns that are material to business sustainability.
- Providing the business with strategic advice by identifying and capturing investment opportunities in collaboration with government, while protecting the value of existing assets
- Identifying key national policies and political opportunities/risks that impact short and long term business goals including draft alcohol regulation, excise administration, tax stamps and production licenses to shape campaign strategies.
- Establishing and maintaining regular contacts with key decision makers and developing a robust stakeholder maps and engagement plans to leverage key platforms for high-level participation by the company.
- Analyzing legislative and public policy documents with impact on business continuity, developing submissions and generating reports on their status and action plan
- Executing tactical advocacies with government and communication plans to support business objectives
- Contributing to the development of unit strategies and priorities as part of the annual business plan for the Corporate Affairs function
- Providing written reports and formal presentation to senior colleagues on outcomes of engagement with stakeholders and advice on contact with decision makers.
- University Degree in Social Sciences
- An MBA with specialization in marketing or strategy offers an added advantage.
- 4-6 years relevant experience in public policy analysis and advocacy, government affairs and regulatory relations.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian political environment and experience in developing coalitions with thought leaders and industry associations.
- Government relations
- Stakeholder mapping
- Advocacy campaigns
- Public policy and legislative processes
- Issues management and crisis resolution
- Business communication and presentation
- Community relations and corporate social responsibility.
- Excellent writing, speaking and presentation skills
- Great networking skills and ability to main contacts with decision-makers
- Business acumen – strong understanding of the business and ability to engage with internal senior business leaders to demonstrate the value of Corporate Affairs to the business.
- Political knowledge – intimate knowledge of the Nigerian political process at all levels of government
- Influencing and people management skills – understanding of the science of successful influencing techniques, nudge behaviour and how to achieve results.
- Digital – building digital first mindset and capabilities
- Stakeholder mapping, engagement and advocacy campaigns
- Information gathering and interpreting skills
- Organizational skills to manage demanding workload and priorities
- Strong project management skill
- Ability to handle complex issues, grasp complex information and communicate in a simplified manner.
Why Join Us?
- Attractive remuneration and benefits.
- Paid time off
- Employee mental health assistance programme
- Medical insurance for employees, spouses and children.
- Life insurance
- Vehicle insurance
- Attractive pension scheme
- Grants for car ownership
- Flexible work arrangement
- Free onsite crèche
- Recreational facilities e.g. swimming pool, tennis court.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!