Job Title: GNOC Service Desk Engineer
Location: MDXi, Lagos
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum years of Experience: 2
- The GNOC Service Desk Engineer will be responsible for the first line contact and response to customers (internal and external) on all technical issues and queries reported, using the trouble ticketing systems in logging all reported service and non-service affecting queries. This function would provide 24 x 7 Service Desk services.
Other responsibilities include:
- First point of contact for customers.
- Accountable for receiving all network support related telephone calls and interface with internal/external customers on operational issues and related network events and email acknowledgements within specified OLAs.
- Responsible for liaising with the NOC Engineers to ensure proper reporting of all faults/alarms.
- Responsible for incident management, proper fault reporting, escalation, customer engagement and management.
- Processing of Access and Material Movement Requests (Internal/External).
- Collaborate with required teams for efficient and prompt handling of all network changes whilst ensuring proper communication and notice to customers.
- Responsible for ensuring required reports are prepared and documented accordingly.
- Ensure all Service requests are fulfilled.
- Undertake any adhoc activity assigned by the Service Desk Manager.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- BSc. in Information Technology / Computer Science / Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- ITIL/CCNA/CCNP certification will be an added advantage
- 1-2 years’ work experience in a Telecommunication or ISP environment with knowledge on customer management.
- Good understanding and use of trouble ticketing applications, data reporting tools, ability to interpret trouble ticketing data and effectively present analysis with zero tolerance error.
- Knowledge of incident, problem and change management framework (ITIL) and ISO 9001 management systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of multi-tasking, time management and prioritisation of workload
- Ability to assess and prioritise faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills and actively seeks out tasks that help develop skills and knowledge.
- Actively encourage strong working relationships with other teams.
Demands of the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required, and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work shift rounds
- Ability to multitask effectively and adapt to a fast-paced working environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!