Job Title: Global Solution Sales Officer, Sub-Saharan Africa
Job Req ID: 22457332
Employment Type: Full Time
Who We Are?
Citi Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) offers the industry’s most comprehensive suite of transaction services, including cash management, payments, receivables, liquidity management and investment services, working capital solutions, commercial card programs, trade finance and trade services. With a full range of digital and mobile enabled platforms, tools and analytics, TTS continues to lead the way in delivering innovative and tailored solutions to its clients.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Your role will be to manage a portfolio of leading global/regional companies, the best in their industries worldwide, to deliver an effective TTS relationship that increases TTS revenue, increases client contacts and new buying centers and grows wallet share year on year.
- You will coordinate the client team to identify new business origination, manage a diverse and growing pipeline of opportunities and win mandates. These clients are setting new standards in how they are driving growth in their industries, transforming distribution and sales channels, embracing digitization, and diversifying their supply chains. They expect an innovative, world class partner and you will champion the TTS client sales team to meet their expectations.
- You will have defined TTS Sales responsibilities, either Global / Regional, for a portfolio of corporate clients to apply combined in-depth TTS technical product sales skills with client diagnostic and origination skills to originate and design complex single, multi-country/regional or global TTS solutions.
- To be successful, you will coordinate with your team, collaborate with partners across TTS, Corporate Bank and across the Citi network to achieve Trusted Advisor status with your clients. By achieving this status, you will have demonstrated the optimal frequency of high-quality client calling, bringing relevant ideas and opportunities to your clients to enable them to meet their strategic objectives and demonstrating your knowledge of the industry and TTS products and services.
- You will be working in close partnership with your client teams across the world, as well as with functional partners in Onboarding and Service, to deliver world class client experience. Additionally, you will engage with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Audit, Finance to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure. Although it is a client facing role, it is a comprehensive professional role that incorporates business management, risk and controls and requires a well-rounded attention to a balanced business scorecard.
To deliver the above you will become fully conversant with the relevant product characteristics across the suite of global cash management, trade and cards solutions:
- Liquidity Management;
- Digital Channels and Data;
- Payments and Receivables;
- Trade Services and Finance; and
- Commercial Cards.
What We Are Looking For
- A financial sales background (10+ years), preferably within Transactional Banking, be customer focused and able to operate at all levels within the client’s organization
- Proven track record of successful sales or advisory with senior corporate Treasury professionals and / or other Finance, Procurement areas.
- Understanding of Working Capital Management and credit skills (useful)
- Demonstrate where you have had a significant impact in terms of new business origination, or competitive retention by influencing client decisions through your advocacy
- Demonstrate that you can build a culture of responsible finance, client partnership with good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citi, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Experience of assuming an informal/formal leadership role with internal and external teams.
Skills That will Help You in the Role:
- Forward looking strategic thinker with good judgment and a practical understanding of client / sales dynamics
- Creative, innovative, high energy with strong initiative
- Strong execution skills: thorough follow-through & attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Committed, trusted team player
- Ability to multitask and prioritise conflicting deliverables both for clients and internally
- Experience in managing client relationships, ability to influence others
- Know where to apply sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- You should have good analytical skills to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources.
- Language skills a plus.
What’s In It For You?
- We foster a culture of meritocracy and diversity; we value and expect respect for others; opportunities to develop are widely available to all
- We promote TTS Sales Training Programmes which support Deal Shadowing, Product knowledge expansion and Coaching/Mentoring with Seniors with a new and exciting curriculum launching shortly
- We ensure regularity of 1:1 dialogue to monitor and support both management of the client portfolio and to identify personal and professional growth opportunities via an Individual Development Plan.
- You will have the privilege of meeting the decision makers at world class corporate clients of Citi globally and partnering with them to achieve their goals.
- You will benefit from a culture of innovation and investment from arguably the world’s best transaction services bank to support your sales efforts
- We are a Top 100 UK Firms for Diversity per the Stonewall Index
- 51% of our employees are women, 24% of our Director’s and Managing Directors are women.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!