Job Title: Global Product Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
The Role & Opportunity
- As Product Manager, you will play the lead coordinating role in developing Greenlight’s future off-grid solar energy products and services.
- Reporting to the COO, you will work at the intersection of business, technology, and customer experience teams to ideate, develop, pilot, and launch new life-changing solar products across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
- This role is an exciting career opportunity for a value-driven innovator with a combination of technical and organizational skills who is passionate about working with off-grid consumers and delivering the next generation of Sun King products.
- The products and services you will build will have a transformative impact for millions of households.
Responsibilities (What you would be expected to do)
New Product Identification:
- New Product Pilots: Coordinate new-product pilot plans and timelines once each new product is ready for testing and commercialization. Proactively communicate and attempt to resolve delays or roadblocks.
- Publish and lead a pilot plan that includes geographies, timelines, logistics, and feedback consolidation.
- Consolidate feedback/reporting for each pilot, in a reasonably standardized format intelligible to all. Facilitate sessions between research, engineering, and commercial teams to close the pilot feedback and follow-up loop.
New Product Introduction:
- Advise marketing teams on the creation of packaging, technical specification sheets, launch letters, fliers, product instructions, and communication regarding new product launches internally and externally. Proofread and sign-off on documentation and instructions to ensure they are accurate, helpful, and complete.
- Prepare the initial training content for each of the new products that clearly outlines how to use the product, the functional features, required technical details, do’s and don’ts, value proposition. Circulate this to all Business SPOCs prior to or along with the launch of the product.
- Provide support to the Marketing teams to come up with a well-defined value proposition for initial launch campaigns leveraging the feedback gathered during the pilots.
- Conduct user feedback exercises, including spot field audits after new product introduction to ensure any issues are properly communicated
- Work with marketing teams to ensure that the new product is included in all Corporate Communication, including the newsletter.
General Product Issues & Feedback Mechanism:
- Maintain a FAQ directory for all products Update it for all new products introduced.
- Ensure that product complaints raised by customers are recorded and responded to on a timely basis. Coordinate with the partners, customers, and account managers to ensure the product complaints are adequately addressed, communicated and closed.
- Send weekly new product updates/working notes to Leadership and stakeholders including commercial, engineering, and customer service teams.
- Review and proofread all existing product technical material and ensure it is updated from time to time for any material changes or errors. Provide feedback to the Marketing and Creative team to ensure the changes are incorporated.
- Oversee the India Product development team, technical testing, competition benchmarking, Vendor evaluation, Pilot production, collating sales feedback, OQC for mass production lot and ongoing technical support
- Team Management: Lead the development and continuous improvement within the product management team. Provide guidance for team member’s careers. Drive professional growth within the team, mentoring individuals to develop valuable skillsets.
- Open to travel at least 20% of the time
- Any other business: Any other business as assigned by your supervisor
You might be a strong candidate if you have (are):
- Leadership Ability to manage projects and lead teams.
- You can rally a team to make decisions even in situations without formal authority or resources
- Experience in the off-grid solar industry or a related field
- A four-years or Advanced Degree in Product Design, Engineering, Energy Systems, Physical Sciences or a related field.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently, ability to figure things out with innovative thinking, problem-solving skills, and presence of mind.
- Ability to collect and synthesize user feedback for actional items
- Critical thinking skills: Strong ability to structure problems and drive towards solutions even in ambiguous situations
- Track record of success in their role e.g. fast promotion, demonstrable experience in exceeding results in their role
- Excellent communication skills, energy, and the ability to handle challenges at a rapidly growing organization. You can communicate product decisions through the lens of multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrates humility.
What we offer (in addition to compensation and statutory benefits):
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast-growing, high impact industry;
- The chance to work in an open-minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world;
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people: We do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, or disability.
- The first step is to apply for the job opening through Greenlight’s career website or by emailing your resume to one of our HR representatives.
- You can expect an email response within three weeks regarding the status of your application.
- If you are shortlisted for consideration, we’ll set up a conversion with you to learn more about your interests and background, share more about the job requirements and Greenlight Planet, and answer any initial questions you may have.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!