Job Title: General Manager – Operations
- GM, Operations will oversee the company’s manufacturing activities, leading strategic execution and coordinating resources to create excellent products.
- While they oversee Operations Coordinator, who take care of day-to-day details, it is also their job to make sure that deadlines are met, and standards are upheld.
The ideal candidate:
- The ideal candidate must be well experienced in all aspects of manufacturing operations with at least 15 years of progressive manufacturing experience.
- Should be smart and energetic.
- Should possess strong leadership skills and a forward-thinking mindset to support the company in the execution of strategic initiatives.
- Should have an excellent working knowledge of SAP ERP System.
- Should have an analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills
- Should have a strong operational experience with the ability to establish and measure KPI’s.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs factory level support functions including finance, engineering, materials, quality assurance, and human resources to ensure alignment with overall plant operations
- Directs all aspects of the business operations, including purchasing, scheduling, manufacturing, warehousing, shipping/receiving, quality assurance, and customer service.
- Prepare an annual manufacturing plan and policy guidelines to drive the performance of key result areas on production activities and continuous implementation monitoring.
- Optimally make sure that manufacturing units improve on the standard efficiencies in terms of Machine efficiencies, material yields, labour and overhead costs versus budget.
- Develop and nurture a dynamic and competent workforce through a robust performance driven culture.
- Works with the Operations Coordinator to ensure that the facility’s operational activities and tactical actions are executed so that the plant’s working capital is properly managed.
- Enforces all company policies, including safety, production, quality, sales, human resources, customer service and accounting policies.
Strategy, Policies, Processes, and Procedures:
- Determine the strategic direction of a company’s manufacturing unit, setting the plan for products, processes, and factory relationships with the goal of increasing efficiency and profitability.
- Set policies and makes decisions guiding productivity, quality, and cost efficiency of plant operations.
- Implements, drives, and sustains key initiatives that support operational strategic goals.
- Monitors and evaluates workflow and assembly methods and makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Create or refine systems to minimize error and bolster productivity.
- Manage teams that handle engineering, quality control, and production in order to ensure the smooth production execution.
- Meet regularly with respective managers within production to set key indicators for evaluating performance.
- Works to ensure that the facility’s financial goals are met, including monthly profitability and EBITDA targets.
- Frequently researches cost savings opportunities, leading and monitoring all progress in capturing savings opportunities.
- Manage and maintain labour and operating costs in accordance with budgets and strategic goals.
- Manage finances, monitoring budgets, expenses, and product unit costs to drive revenue and margin projections.
Operational Performance Management:
- Implement an Operational Performance Tracking System which includes the key performance indicators covering manufacturing, engineering, quality assurance, manpower levels and finance.
- Establishes systems to collect metrics, analyze productivity and set performance targets that will meet revenue and cost goals
- Develop performance and efficiency metrics, identifying areas for improvement and reporting results to executive leadership.
- Ensures manufacturing performance and quality goals are met.
- Review personnel performance to determine individuals most suited for promotion.
Technical and Facility Maintenance:
- Monitors the facility’s equipment needs and ensures that the technical team is working to keep the company’s equipment and physical facility are properly maintained.
- Constantly assesses the facility’s operational efficiencies and seeks out opportunities to improve it in an economic manner.
Logistics and Procurement:
- Oversee the procurement of raw materials and equipment required for manufacturing
- Oversee Effective running of truck operations, ensuring arrival of truck to the office, loading of the truck and departure of the truck in a timely, efficient manner.
- Ensure that containers enter the port on time
Health, Safety and Environment, Quality Assurance / Control:
- Identify and manage key business and company risks and insurance requirements
- Maintain and ensure compliance with the documented system of finance policies and procedures across the group
- Responsible for audit reviews of business units, financial and management processes and systems to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Supervise and coordinate the preparation and implementation of annual internal audit plans /programs and endure adherence to plans.
- Lead audits/special reviews of operations and assessment of business risk and provide recommendations for strengthening existing internal controls.
Training and Development:
- Coach, mentor and develop employees under their supervision, providing training for important topics such as risk mitigation, safety protocols, usage of new equipment, and industry best practices to build high performing teams.
- Assigns stretch assignments to further train and enhance staff development.
- Promotes cross training to optimize workforce, ensures functional coverage, reduce labor costs, and supports succession planning.
- Leads the development and deployment of manufacturing practices focused on quality and continuous improvement.
- Prepare production, staff, and financial reports.
- Ensure Annual, Monthly and Weekly reports are prepared properly and sent on time.
- Ensure accurate reporting for Management.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Industrial or Chemical Engineering, other Engineering or Business.
- 15 years of progressive manufacturing experience
- Strong operational experience with the ability to establish and measure KPI’s.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Proven financial acumen.
- Experience in managing continuous improvement projects.
- Knowledge of GMP’s, ISO guidelines related to industry.
- Familiar with OSHA and HSE compliance procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proficient in ERP systems and Microsoft Office.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos